James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is, but it's also mounted to the rear clamshell of the hardtop. Nowhere to mount on a soft top.
Why can't the front mount be just a crossbar at the accessory points above the windshield and the rear bar be a hitch mounted setup like the pic? That would be a front and a rear cross bar. Strap to that and then extra straps to the front hood points.

I'm looking for a setup like this but I can't find just a front bar to attach to the front points.

DSC01699.jpg

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't the front mount be just a crossbar at the accessory points above the windshield and the rear bar be a hitch mounted setup like the pic? That would be a front and a rear cross bar. Strap to that and then extra straps to the front hood points.

I'm looking for a setup like this but I can't find just a front bar to attach to the front points.

DSC01699.jpg
That would definitely work. Maybe (hopefully) some aftermarket company will make something like that for the windshield mounting points. Good idea. šŸ‘

fishahkat

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I keep looking for an exoskeleton or something as well. I feel that Iā€™ll likely be able to buy a hard top before Iā€™ll be able to get one of those. Iā€™m not a fan of throwing the snowboards and skis on a hitch rack off the back tire and would much rather use my Thule.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ll bet gobiracks or someone like 4WP will have something soonā€¦theres a market for it

Sponsored

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I've been watching this but I don't think I want a full time full body exoskeleton rack.

I like the idea of a simple front rack with just the crossbar and then a hitch mounted rack with rear crossbar.

It is still an option depending on cost and looks though. Thanks.
If you know anyone near you that does metal fab, it would probably be pretty simple and inexpensive to make. Let us know, good luck.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you know anyone near you that does metal fab, it would probably be pretty simple and inexpensive to make. Let us know, good luck.
I do. I went to him and he said he could fabricate something for me but had no idea as far as weight issues and such. I'm not an engineer and last thing I want is to do is rip off my roof.

I ended up buying an M416 military trailer. I'm putting a rack on it for the kayak and canoe.l, my camping gear goes in the trailer. It's gonna serve all my needs.

Jim

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If youā€™re looking for a high load capacity roof rack (Thatā€™s Removable) here it is.

1000 lb static / 480 lb dynamic (off road & highway) with strength to spare. Iā€™ll be releasing more videos, but a minimal sway is all we got. Enjoy :)

Derick
www.raketdesigns.com

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Roof rack options for soft top FullSizeRender.MOV
old thread but thinking of doing something similar, would need brackets for front and then a bar that goes across...I do wish someone just made that as there are tons of hitch options like in that pic, could even run parallel bars forward to connect to front mount points

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model