Sponsored

Roof Rack unavailable on Sasquatch because of factory tire's weight capacity ?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I hear, you don't want the E tires if you are going to deflate for crawling. Sidewalls too stiff.
But at the same time, these C rated tires can get the sidewalls tore up over the rocks. I think they main reason for E rated boots is for sidewall strength, not actual weight limits on the vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what I hear, you don't want the E tires if you are going to deflate for crawling. Sidewalls too stiff.
The E tires are a mixed blessing, they are stronger in sidewall (more plies), less likely to puncture, buckle or come off when airing down. This is important also because the sidewalls sometimes roll on the rim edges (risking cutting) when aired down, such as on softer, steeper Cape Cod beaches, where 12-15 pounds is the norm. Reportedly, the C rated KO2 sidewall still has the heavier sidewall. I also used E-rated tires when i used full-sized vehicles for trailering because they can take the heavier rear load. What's bad about them is ride quality, theyre bouncy, harsh. Thats why Ford Specified the C rated tires for the Bronco, to have a more comfortable ride, but still be up to off-roading and airing down. The problem for us OBX non-sasquatch folks, is that there are fewer C or D rated tires for our 18 x 7.5 rims, and many more in the 17 in wheels. Most larger 18" tires are E rated.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whats your status? 2021 or 2022? It'll be alot easier talking about a vehicle we actually have!
Oh I'm 2022. I was actually inside my dealers allocations for 2021 but We know how that all played out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was thinking i might put the MIC panels up there when driving for the day on the beach!
Exactly. The mid panel not only cannot fit inside the Bronco, but you can't take it off with the roof racks. So having something like this that only goes on the shell not only allows you to remove the mid panel, but gives you a place to put it :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh I'm 2022. I was actually inside my dealers allocations for 2021 but We know how that all played out.
Are you sticking with the OBX? Sas or non-sasquatch? We've had a year now to way-too-obsessedly study these Bronco vehicles, even moreso since we began seeing them in person since April. I got my VIN in late April, and was avoiding Sasquatch since I thought it would be too harsh a ride, but that may not be true. If i had a do-over, I'd order the OBX SAS, or maybe even the Wildtrak. As it is, hopefully putting 33" tires on the Stock OBX will be fine for me. Its been shipped, and due by the end if the month

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you sticking with the OBX? Sas or non-sasquatch? We've had a year now to way-too-obsessedly study these Bronco vehicles, even moreso since we began seeing them in person since April. I got my VIN in late April, and was avoiding Sasquatch since I thought it would be too harsh a ride, but that may not be true. If i had a do-over, I'd order the OBX SAS, or maybe even the Wildtrak. As it is, hopefully putting 33" tires on the Stock OBX will be fine for me. Its been shipped, and due by the end if the month
Oh I've been WT ever since my order. What I went to the off rodeo I actually got to use a four-door WT. It is not stiff or bumpy at all (well until you go off road and start hitting rocks :) )

My biggest thing is if I didn't buy something with Sasquatch it would have to be to BL because I want the heavier duty front axle and front locker no matter what.

Jd1539

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2Dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's weird is I just ordered at a dealer a MY '22 BL Sasquatch 2Dr with roof rack and their system allowed it. Should I be concerned it will hang in the system or is the roof rack now buildable on squatch pkg?

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco, 22 BB Bronco, 21 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's weird is I just ordered at a dealer a MY '22 BL Sasquatch 2Dr with roof rack and their system allowed it. Should I be concerned it will hang in the system or is the roof rack now buildable on squatch pkg?
2dr has always allowed rack, I believe. The 4dr vehicles are the issue.

Sponsored

Jd1539

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2Dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2dr has always allowed rack, I believe. The 4dr vehicles are the issue.
Good to know and thank you! I'm a heavy researcher, and no joke the Bronco continues to throw new quirks and learnings our way. Let's just hope I get it before Q2

Olaf

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badsquatch 2dr. 96FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We've all seen multiple posts and discussion on the inability to put a roof rack on a Sasquatch package . They're pretty clear that it has to do with weight capacity , but it may mostly be the tires!?

So, if you look at pg. 12 of the Bronco Equipment Installation Guide, theres a table on Roof Rack

Load Capacity:
In motion: 110lbs
Stationary: 450lb
315/70R17 tires: 0

An Explanation: If you look at the specs on those Goodyear Territory tires, you'll see that they are the softer "C" rated tires, with weight capacity of a measly 2535 pounds! Thats weak for a loaded vehicle, same as the stock OBX tires. But that explains the capacity issue, ITS THE TIRES! A fix would be to upgrade to an E rated tire, get a rack, and move on. Im guessing that the suspension components are pretty beefy, the tires seem like the weak link in the design chain. E rated tires are heavier, and a harsher ride.

Clearly Ford wants its Sasquatch to be comfortable, and this may be part of the design compromises on a vehicle with 35" tires (actually, Theyre 34.4" tires) extra machinery, armor plating, and soft tires . . . When theres the extra weight of 4 doors, 2.7 engine, auto trans

Any thoughts?

SmartSelect_20211016-093314_Drive.jpg

SmartSelect_20211016-093912_Chrome.jpg
I don't get it. I have a badsquatch. I ordered and received a factory roof rack. It is... Tasty...
Ford Bronco Roof Rack unavailable on Sasquatch because of factory tire's weight capacity ? 20211124_100531

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting... as I have a sasquatch coming and would really like a roof rack one day. Arent the 2021s not setup to even take one? Does anyone know if there are any good aftermarket solutions coming out for this or being worked on?
You can add a rack to a 21'. The mounting points haven't changed. They don't have the ford ones as an actual packaged accessories yet, but you can have a dealer order each part for a hefty price..... A few have done this. You just weren't able to add them on many 21's and still can't add them on 22 4dr wildtraks with the full body bash plate option, or a sas'd badlands and the 2.7 engine, but for whatever reason you can add them to a 4dr Sas'd black diamond with the 2.7 (full body bash plates are standard on the black diamond and badlands).
Sponsored