First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
110 pound limit? The Yakima lock and load is like 60 lbs itself. Does than mean 50 lbs more?
Sponsored

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can almost certainly put more weight on your roof and drive around. But be mindful that more weight up top will greatly increase the center of gravity, thus increasing chances of rollover. Especially in a lifted suv.

Going a little over (like 1.3x 110 lbs) is probably okay. I wouldn’t go more over long distances. Not worth the risk because you never know when you need to make a quick maneuver to avoid a dumb driver or deer.
This. Most industry weight ratings are made knowing people are going to exceed them by a certain percentage. In reality, you could most likely get away with a 150 lbs. load on the roof rack and never have any problems.

Deleted member 12854

So after the Q&A i saw this. Im new to the offroad scene and want to get into overlanding like with a tent on top of the car or maybe a cage that will hold tons of stuff. However this concerned me

eay5a45ya.png

I weigh more than 110lbs lol. What exactly do these numbers mean? can the roof really not store anything over 110lbs? I feel like im confused.
a 100 pound child could jump on a scale and for a moment that scale would read like 500+ pounds.

If you have a roof rack with 100 pounds on it and you're going over bumps and your cargo is bouncing, then that force on the roof rack will be similar to the child jumping on a scale scenario. For a moment there it would exceed 500 pounds and break.

Buck56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V90 CC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only RTT that would make sense on the Bronco would be the new Superlight from GFC. Weighs 80lbs, so the RTT plus the rack would be just below roof limit. I wouldn't put any other tent on this rig.
Sponsored