NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just checked for my roof on my SUV and it said 300lbs + weight of roof rack dynamic, racks are around 100lbs so I guess 400lbs total. And 800lbs static.

I guess it’s just the price of having a removable roof.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know where you got stuck on the rollover thing. The dynamic rating is so low on Jeeps and Broncos because the tops are plastic and too much weight shifting around up there on the stock rack can potentially literally rip the rack out of the top or take the entire cap off its mount. Yes, there is an increased rollover risk any time you mount anything up higher raising the center of gravity. That's true whether the roof is plastic, steel or adamantium. But it's not why Jeeps and Broncos need more reinforcement of you choose to mount something up there.
Im not trying to argue with you... But you do realize there is a 450lbs static limit on the Bronco rail system? No matter how you load 110lbs of stuff op there while driving, you're not gonna break FA.
The dynamic limit IS for driving with a roof load.
My Escape with a pano roof has a rail limit of 50lbs...non-pano Escapes have a 100lbs limit. It's not because the roof is weaker.... It's because you have 50lbs of glass high up changing the CG of the vehicle.
It's all about rollover and litigation lol
?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just checked for my roof on my SUV and it said 300lbs + weight of roof rack dynamic, racks are around 100lbs so I guess 400lbs total. And 800lbs static.

I guess it’s just the price of having a removable roof.
800lbs on a roof is outstanding load capacity! Hell, 450lbs is pretty decent!
The rear rails of the Bronco use a plate/bracket to mount under the plastic top... But I'm sure the top is taking some of that load too.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
800lbs on a roof is outstanding load capacity! Hell, 450lbs is pretty decent!
The rear rails of the Bronco use a plate/bracket to mount under the plastic top... But I'm sure the top is taking some of that load too.
450lbs static is a lot more weight than I would want to put on the Broncos composite roof.

The problem is, if you had a 100lb roof basket on your Bronco then you have esssentially used up the entire capacity.
Granted I’m sure we’ll see aluminum 50lb baskets which help a lot.

To the 800lbs, I see nothing specifying if that 800 includes roof rack, not sure if that means it’s actually 900lbs or a hard 800lb stop, not prepared to find out though...

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

450lbs static is a lot more weight than I would want to put on the Broncos composite roof.

The problem is, if you had a 100lb roof basket on your Bronco then you have esssentially used up the entire capacity.
Granted I’m sure we’ll see aluminum 50lb baskets which help a lot.

To the 800lbs, I see nothing specifying if that 800 includes roof rack, not sure if that means it’s actually 900lbs or a hard 800lb stop, not prepared to find out though...
Check with a site like Yakima... They explain it pretty well. Both limits include everything you attach to your rails. Crossbars, baskets, kayak carriers, etc...
Basically the weight you should never exceed, according to the manufacturer.
My Escape, with its 50lbs limit is already maxed with just my Thule Alpine cargo box up there!

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Remember this is just one rack, the standard OEM option. Surely there will be much larger/stronger cargo cage systems available that will hold more if you need it. If nothing else, it helps me justify getting a soft-top a little more ;-)

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check with a site like Yakima... They explain it pretty well. Both limits include everything you attach to your rails. Crossbars, baskets, kayak carriers, etc...
My Escape, with its 50lbs limit is already maxed with just my Thule Alpine cargo box up there!
Gobi says the same thing for me.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

45lbs! ☹

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im not trying to argue with you... But you do realize there is a 450lbs static limit on the Bronco rail system? No matter how you load 110lbs of stuff op there while driving, you're not gonna break FA.
The dynamic limit IS for driving with a roof load.
My Escape with a pano roof has a rail limit of 50lbs...non-pano Escapes have a 100lbs limit. It's not because the roof is weaker.... It's because you have 50lbs of glass high up changing the CG of the vehicle.
It's all about rollover and litigation lol
?

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets be real. RTTS are hideous wastes of money.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roof Top Tents. Those hideous faddish blocks of mass people load on top of their vehicles to try to be overland bound cool. To each their own. I just cant rationalize the demand for them.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Gazelle tent, which pops up in like a minute. But then I gotta get the sleeping pads out and inflated, bedding, pillows, etc. then store the bags for everything....

I plan to get a RTT eventually, because all that stuff just stays up there. Pop it up, go to sleep, wake up and bring it down.

Maybe that makes me “Overland Bound cool” like my Trasharoo, but it’s sure to make camping at least a little more enjoyable.
Sponsored