Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello all.

I have looked through the roof rack posts but can’t seem to find what I need to know.

The “Roof Rails with Crossbars – Black” listed shows two rails: one at the back and one around where the rear shell ends on the two door.

Is the front rail fixed or adjustable? I would need to move it all the way forward to haul once in awhile and I’m not sure if that is possible?

Is there a better option in the selections for an adjustable one? I’d like a factory one so I don’t have to worry about drilling the roof shell.

Thanks!
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There was a Video Walk around recently released with those guys out in texas. They showed the Roof Rack multiple times during the video... I would THINK it is adjustable, but you may be able to see in that video if it looks like it slides or not.

My Bronco can't have the Rails.. and the more I think about it, the less I'm worried because I think I'd rather have a roof rack that ONLY mounts to the rear shell and not the windshield so that I can remove both seat panels (4-door) without an issue.

Yeah drilling into the MIC is scary.. but I know it can be done, and done right so it doesn't leak.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe (87.85% sure) the forward rail can be mounted midships, as shown in most photos, or forward, extra holes can be seen in some photos. I will use it in the rear position for my basket or forward for my kayak.

Ford Bronco Roof Rack? 1608663098485_LI

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe (87.85% sure) the forward rail can be mounted midships, as shown in most photos, or forward, extra holes can be seen in some photos. I will use it in the rear position for my basket or forward for my kayak.

Ford Bronco Roof Rack? 1608663098485_LI
I've looked too and I'm 88.58% sure. I have a canoe. Its heavier. I need that extra bit of confidence.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Roof Rack? 1610217064148

Here‘s one of the promo shots with a crossbar up front.

Ford Bronco Roof Rack? 1610217346116

Better shot from pre-production model.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Skip2a

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The rack pictured on the four door is mounted farther forward than the two door pictures.

Are the two door pictures the same rack or is there different options? I just want it forward on occasion but I need to be sure itgoes all the way up.

Are additional bars available? It would be a good base for a light bar?

Thank you for the feedback.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The rack pictured on the four door is mounted farther forward than the two door pictures.

Are the two door pictures the same rack or is there different options? I just want it forward on occasion but I need to be sure itgoes all the way up.

I would say they use the same rack for the 2 dr and 4 dr. On the 2 dr it extends from near the rear to the windshield, on the 4 dr it extends from just behind the rear doors to the windshield. In either the forward bar can be mounted in the middle or near the windshield. I would suppose you could order an extra cross bar from parts (at some point) and run 3 crossbars.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4-door rack rear mounts are on the forward part of the rear clam shell. Not sure if it’s the same part as the 2-door or not.

There is only one rack option per vehicle.

The rack is designed with lightbar mounts and wire pass through at the windshield mounting points.

There are also lightbar mounts that go at the top of the windshield where the rack attaches (if you don’t option the rack).

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is an optional Yakima setup under accessories, but no one seems to know what it is.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all.

I have looked through the roof rack posts but can’t seem to find what I need to know.

The “Roof Rails with Crossbars – Black” listed shows two rails: one at the back and one around where the rear shell ends on the two door.

Is the front rail fixed or adjustable? I would need to move it all the way forward to haul once in awhile and I’m not sure if that is possible?

Is there a better option in the selections for an adjustable one? I’d like a factory one so I don’t have to worry about drilling the roof shell.

Thanks!
I would have to assume that both crossbars are adjustable due to positioning requirements of cargo boxes......where the box sits on the rack and the mounting points of the cargo box which require the bars to be a specific distance apart from each other

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might want to see what Rocky Road Outfitters comes up with for the Bronco. When I talked with them they stated that they plan to make their Wilderness Rack line for the Bronco. This is what I plan on doing as the Ford struff looks very lightweight.
https://www.rocky-road.com/wildrack.html

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here‘s one of the promo shots with a crossbar up front.

Better shot from pre-production model.
Okay, but then can you put the rear crossbar in the middle??
That's too far apart for any accessories other than maybe a Lock and load platform or if you're hauling a canoe.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Okay, but then can you put the rear crossbar in the middle??
That's too far apart for any accessories other than maybe a Lock and load platform or if you're hauling a canoe.
Not sure. I’m not familiar with this particular setup, but I imagine you can add another crossbar if needed.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think you can only mount the cross rails in 3 locations (back, center and front) on the factory rack. See pics below: On the overland has all 3 rails front, middle and back and on the other (earlier in this thread) shows 2 rails mounted only front and back. The reason I believe there are 3 mounting points is there are screw holes for each cross rail mount point (see Close up pic below). So, right now it appears you can have 3 cross rails - unless you decide to Drill more holes, which may not work as the factory holes may have screw threads inside them.

Ford Bronco Roof Rack? B0904AC2-A0FE-4BE4-855A-DAFD3AD453D4

Ford Bronco Roof Rack? 574A45A2-D81A-401C-8E0B-B3C02667307A

Ford Bronco Roof Rack? E5964F25-7425-444F-875F-DEEDE370AF27

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Roof Rack? 1610294178813

If you’re under a certain height, you might need to a 2x6 and two cinder blocks to make this work.

*build a platform to stand on
Sponsored