Sponsored

Roof racks with removable roof - how will that work?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Common sense is telling me to wait a year before buying a rack as it's a bit much having three or four tops to choose from anyways and then aftermarket sulport coming not long after. If there's a better way to remove the tops with an aftermarket rack or increase load rating that's a big plus for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kayak_Nick

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Common sense is telling me to wait a year before buying a rack as it's a bit much having three or four tops to choose from anyways and then aftermarket sulport coming not long after. If there's a better way to remove the tops with an aftermarket rack or increase load rating that's a big plus for me.
Totally agree and that is my plan

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a Gobi rack on my Jeep. (They also make racks for, among other vehicles, the Raptor.)

There are quick release mechanisms at the light bar and you can pivot the main structure of the rack backwards to fiddle with the top.

Cons: Customer service and shipping can be slow.

Pros: American made, stout as hell, hawk approved!
50489094192_49f392fa74_c.jpg

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doing the B&P today and this is definitely a question I have... not sure if anyone has a better idea now that B&P is out there... but if I add the roof rails, how do you get the hard top off? It would seem it attaches to the front windshield. But maybe that's a clip?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doing the B&P today and this is definitely a question I have... not sure if anyone has a better idea now that B&P is out there... but if I add the roof rails, how do you get the hard top off? It would seem it attaches to the front windshield. But maybe that's a clip?
You can take out the front two panels with the rack on, but if you want to remove any other roof parts (like the whole thing), you need to remove the rack first. Or, at least, remove it from the windshield.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did everyone just compeltely miss my question? It's not about adding a jungle gym on the top - it is what do we get with the Lock and Load roof rack option ? It appears they are only attachments to the Lock and Load - right ?

danderson748

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It seems that the roof rack attaches to the far back section and on the windshield. So it would seem that there is nothing stopping say a 4-door from removing both the front and Mid\Rear Passenger section other than it just being to tight. You would think a little extra space in the roof rack would fix that (but would it then fit in the garage once it has been Squatched?

Then there was that one photo of the more square rack that seemed like it was ONLY on the back section... maybe that is the answer.

I plan on saying yes to a $400 factor rack.. but if there seems to be an alternative that lets you take the mid section out... that would be the winner!
It seems that the roof rack attaches to the far back section and on the windshield. So it would seem that there is nothing stopping say a 4-door from removing both the front and Mid\Rear Passenger section other than it just being to tight. You would think a little extra space in the roof rack would fix that (but would it then fit in the garage once it has been Squatched?

Then there was that one photo of the more square rack that seemed like it was ONLY on the back section... maybe that is the answer.

I plan on saying yes to a $400 factor rack.. but if there seems to be an alternative that lets you take the mid section out... that would be the winner!
This may be an odd question, but when using the configurator for the First Edition, it doesn't show that you can add the roof rack and crossbars. Is there something unique to the Fist Edition that doesn't allow for the roof rack and crossbars???

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be an odd question, but when using the configurator for the First Edition, it doesn't show that you can add the roof rack and crossbars. Is there something unique to the Fist Edition that doesn't allow for the roof rack and crossbars???
Configuring a Badlands last night, I couldn't add a roof rack with Sasquatch. Since the reveal, Ford's material online seemed to indicate that a roof rack would not be available with Sasquatch. But on the other hand, they've been showing the FE standard with a roof rack. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes... anything that appears to come with a V6 OR Sasquatch you don't even get the option for the Roof Rack. For those that show up, the moment you add Sasquatch.. it prompts you and takes it away.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can take out the front two panels with the rack on, but if you want to remove any other roof parts (like the whole thing), you need to remove the rack first. Or, at least, remove it from the windshield.
When you remove it from the windshield, does Ford provide you with the 2 tiny body panels to fill the space where the rack was (on windshield)?
do those come like in a bag when you pick up Bronco?

I have 0 experience with roof racks

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you remove it from the windshield, does Ford provide you with the 2 tiny body panels to fill the space where the rack was (on windshield)?
do those come like in a bag when you pick up Bronco?

I have 0 experience with roof racks
I'm assuming they come in a bag in the glove box. I certainly hope so.

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How does that work? I'm going to want a beefy roof rack for everything from skis to gear boxes. How does that impact / work with removeable roof panels? Any info would be great!
We’ve developed a rack that can hold the load, you can remove the front 3 panels, and has a removable/reversible basket. Visit www.raketdesigns.com. Thanks.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Derick Lee

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We can only hope that they do it well so it looks good, fits good, and doesn’t cost 3 grand
We’ve developed a rack that can hold the load, you can remove the front 3 panels, and has a removable/reversible basket. Visit www.raketdesigns.com. Thanks. We’re not at $3k but we’re not cheaply made. U.S and veteran owned.

IMG_1114.png
Sponsored