Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed that the Wildtrak doesn't have the option to add the roof racks and kayak rack like the OBX does. Does this mean it's not available for the Wildtrak? I'm really confused about this. If I add Sasquatch to the OBX, those racks are also not available.

Can these be installed by the dealer if they aren't available when ordering? I really wanted to have the roof rack for kayaks and the awning attachment, but neither is available with Wildtrak, or with OBX and Sasquatch.
Sponsored

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I noticed that the Wildtrak doesn't have the option to add the roof racks and kayak rack like the OBX does. Does this mean it's not available for the Wildtrak? I'm really confused about this. If I add Sasquatch to the OBX, those racks are also not available.

Can these be installed by the dealer if they aren't available when ordering? I really wanted to have the roof rack for kayaks and the awning attachment, but neither is available with Wildtrak, or with OBX and Sasquatch.
Its the same issue with FE and Badlands... it's the GVWR issue (meaning the bronco weighs too close to the legal maximum and ford doesn't want to be liable if the vehicle goes over weight)... There are several threads if you want to know more...

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its the same issue with FE and Badlands... it's the GVWR issue (meaning the bronco weighs too close to the legal maximum and ford doesn't want to be liable if the vehicle goes over weight)... There are several threads if you want to know more...
But I guess the real question is can we purchase the same rack separately when the rig comes in and install it ourselves?

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But I guess the real question is can we purchase the same rack separately when the rig comes in and install it ourselves?
Can you? sure... but should you? From another poster on here in another thread: "Ford is building the bronco right up to the edge of legal maximum GVWR and there isn't any room to add another pound. Sure, you can add after market stuff, which may illegally push your vehicle past the GVWR. Did you know you can be ticketed and fined for that? Did you know that if you have and accident with injuries with a vehicle that exceeds GVWR that you could be criminally charged? Not cool Ford, not cool".

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I searched for threads and didn't find anything which is why I posted my question.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you? sure... but should you? From another poster on here in another thread: "Ford is building the bronco right up to the edge of legal maximum GVWR and there isn't any room to add another pound. Sure, you can add after market stuff, which may illegally push your vehicle past the GVWR. Did you know you can be ticketed and fined for that? Did you know that if you have and accident with injuries with a vehicle that exceeds GVWR that you could be criminally charged? Not cool Ford, not cool".
Yet they’ve been showing off the sas + rack for months now?? I smell a false advertising lawsuit...

not to mention the overland concept... tent with all those accessories inside and out? That doesn’t make sense

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet they’ve been showing off the sas + rack for months now?? I smell a false advertising lawsuit...

not to mention the overland concept... tent with all those accessories inside and out? That doesn’t make sense
The overlanding CONCEPT wasn't squatched and the only ones that had the 2 combined were test vehicles. The found something they didn't like (probably a minor legality). I'm hoping I can just order the roof rack seperately

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm doubtful that a tiny roof rack puts the Bronco over weight. We were told in writing that the Bronco roof rack could hold up to a certain weight (I like around 110 lbs). It did not say, in writing, EXCEPT for Sasquatch equipped vehicles. I think this is incorrect, and possibly a glitch in the B &P, but I am asking specifically about the Wildtrak, not the other models. I want to purchase a Wildtrak, but it's going to do me no good if I can't actually use the vehicle as intended.

(If you want to be rude, find someone else to be rude to, please)

Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

There were Sas + racks on 2 doors 2.3l, not sure about the 4 doors, not sure overland concept was Sas, was it?

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were Sas + racks on 2 doors 2.3l, not sure about the 4 doors, not sure overland concept was Sas, was it?
I don't know about that. I just highly doubt that a vehicle that has been advertised as being capable of doing all of this, suddenly is going to be stripped of doing anything but driving down the road. I might as well drive a Honda Civic, then.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm doubtful that a tiny roof rack puts the Bronco over weight. We were told in writing that the Bronco roof rack could hold up to a certain weight (I like around 110 lbs). It did not say, in writing, EXCEPT for Sasquatch equipped vehicles. I think this is incorrect, and possibly a glitch in the B &P, but I am asking specifically about the Wildtrak, not the other models. I want to purchase a Wildtrak, but it's going to do me no good if I can't actually use the vehicle as intended.

(If you want to be rude, find someone else to be rude to, please)
Wasn‘t trying to be rude... it’s just what people are starting to figure out. For the Badlands, it’s the same thing... the only thing that lets you get roof rack, sound deadening, etc is if you switch to the 2.3L engine... I know you don’t have that option in Wild track... It is also doing the same thing in FE.. so something is consistent there. And yes, until Ford actually says something, people are left to wonder... and you are right about the concept vehicles... but nobody knows that engine is in the overland concept vehicle...

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn‘t trying to be rude... it’s just what people are starting to figure out. For the Badlands, it’s the same thing... the only thing that lets you get roof rack, sound deadening, etc is if you switch to the 2.3L engine... I know you don’t have that option in Wild track... It is also doing the same thing in FE.. so something is consistent there. And yes, until Ford actually says something, people are left to wonder... and you are right about the concept vehicles... but nobody knows that engine is in the overland concept vehicle...
I didn't think you were rude, btw, but some new people in here are pretty rude so just being preemptive. Seriously, if we can't have a roof rack on a Bronco then what the crap is the use of owning it?