Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get steel bumpers and a metal brush guard on a Bronco, but not a flimsy roof rack? On the OBX you can't get the paint protective film, which surely puts it WELL OVER the max weight, right? This doesn't add up.
Sponsored

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't think you were rude, btw, but some new people in here are pretty rude so just being preemptive. Seriously, if we can't have a roof rack on a Bronco then what the crap is the use of owning it?
I feel your pain... I need a 4 door as I have a family of 4.... if I go Badlands I need to get the 2.3L as I need the roof rack for skis/snow boards and kayaks in summer... I like the marine grade vinyl that comes with badlands as well (again, see kids and messes, not to mention winter snow/kayak mud)...
I could go with the Black Diamond, as that get’s you marine grade vinyl and could then get the 2.7L engine... but would give up high package... which means the smaller screen...
Yes, 1st world problems... but there isn’t a perfect scenario here for me.. so need to figure out the trade offs... bigger engine, less creature comforts... or the other way around. Or just go 2 door but lose there too... Ugh... I need a beer! Glad it’s a Sunday and I’m bbq,ing...

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel your pain... I need a 4 door as I have a family of 4.... if I go Badlands I need to get the 2.3L as I need the roof rack for skis/snow boards and kayaks in summer... I like the marine grade vinyl that comes with badlands as well (again, see kids and messes, not to mention winter snow/kayak mud)...
I could go with the Black Diamond, as that get’s you marine grade vinyl and could then get the 2.7L engine... but would give up high package... which means the smaller screen...
Yes, 1st world problems... but there isn’t a perfect scenario here for me.. so need to figure out the trade offs... bigger engine, less creature comforts... or the other way around. Or just go 2 door but lose there too... Ugh... I need a beer! Glad it’s a Sunday and I’m bbq,ing...
I'm hoping Ford will let us know what is going on this coming week. This just seems too weird to be true...but then again, it is 2020.

MrBill

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chev Volt, Chev C3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I noticed that the Wildtrak doesn't have the option to add the roof racks and kayak rack like the OBX does. Does this mean it's not available for the Wildtrak? I'm really confused about this. If I add Sasquatch to the OBX, those racks are also not available.

Can these be installed by the dealer if they aren't available when ordering? I really wanted to have the roof rack for kayaks and the awning attachment, but neither is available with Wildtrak, or with OBX and Sasquatch.
You can buy from the dealer and install yourself, as with all accessories ordered before delivery you will be paying more for yearly DMV registration and insurance because they will increase the vehicles cost up front. Adding a bunch of accessories later will save you $ every year In lower reg fees. Only advantage to putting them on up front is if you lack the cash to add them after delivery.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm doubtful that a tiny roof rack puts the Bronco over weight. We were told in writing that the Bronco roof rack could hold up to a certain weight (I like around 110 lbs). It did not say, in writing, EXCEPT for Sasquatch equipped vehicles. I think this is incorrect, and possibly a glitch in the B &P, but I am asking specifically about the Wildtrak, not the other models. I want to purchase a Wildtrak, but it's going to do me no good if I can't actually use the vehicle as intended.

(If you want to be rude, find someone else to be rude to, please)
This is my assumption for the offering limitations: The Bronco has a set GVWR to it, but the option list adds plenty of lbs to the base weight, such as extra weight for the SAS tires, and the 2.7 vs 2.3 motor being the major items that can add a 3 digit number to the weight. The increased height of the vehicle w/35 in tires and suspension lift change the rollover geometry with added items on the roof especially if off camber trails are driven. I’ve been trying to figure it out myself, but the past lawsuits involving Bronco II and Explorer vehicles from years ago come to mind

Sponsored
OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my assumption for the offering limitations: The Bronco has a set GVWR to it, but the option list adds plenty of lbs to the base weight, such as extra weight for the SAS tires, and the 2.7 vs 2.3 motor being the major items that can add a 3 digit number to the weight. The increased height of the vehicle w/35 in tires and suspension lift change the rollover geometry with added items on the roof especially if off camber trails are driven. I’ve been trying to figure it out myself, but the past lawsuits involving Bronco II and Explorer vehicles from years ago come to mind
You can add hitch racks, which are going to be as heavy, or heavier than roof racks.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can add hitch racks, which are going to be as heavy, or heavier than roof racks.
Hitch racks are installed by the consumer not the mfg. Also, hitch racks have a low center of gravity, but they do pose unusual issues with weight geometry hung off the back end of the vehicle and do reduce the rated cargo capacity which is 1,370 lbs

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I apologize that I am not familiar with jeep accessories and capabilities, but does jeep have this problem? I mean I am astounded that at this point it appears that a bronco type vehicle can not have a roof rack. This has got to be a B/P glich. It would be disingenuous for ford to parade the trail equipped area 51 with all the gear in a four door sasq-like kit if it could not be ordered. Like white over CG prototype, can not order this either 2.0

73Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet they’ve been showing off the sas + rack for months now?? I smell a false advertising lawsuit...

not to mention the overland concept... tent with all those accessories inside and out? That doesn’t make sense
The overland build has the 2.3+manual which is how they stay under gvwr. Plus the Yakima RTT is the smallest lightest 80# available. Even the 2door trail rig and fishing concept were similar and had only lightweight stuff on the roof. If you want a v6 or to carry a bunch of weight you either need to accept exceeding gvwr after market or look elsewhere. I think, like a jeep the gvwr limit is part of the price you pay for removable roof and doors and still meeting safety standards.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 4 door has a 1,370 pound payload. I don't see how a roof rack pushes you over. Especially considering how many other weird things are in the b&p.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is weight related, how on earth will they be able to sustain a metal modular roof? Surely that is heavier than the roof rack! :LOL:
Sponsored