First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heck, drive five people to the airport to fly to Miami for a cruise to the Bahamas for a week, 875 lbs of people, two bags each averaging 45 lbs per bag and you are right at the limit on the maximum payload for a 4 door.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OP appears to be from FL, not CA. Fortunately, Florida doesn’t have such a crazy system of taxing vehicles based on Value... it’s based on weight/class.
That is correct. I transferred my tag from my F250, so I still do the tag for that weight vehicle even though I drive an F150. I renew by the end of the year instead of my bday, which is standard for regular weight trucks and cars.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the 4 door has five seats instead of the 2-door's 4, that is the weight of an extra human being off that number, say they use 175lbs for each person, that is 875lbs, leaving 495lbs, maybe twice as much cargo space in 4 door as 2 door? call it 50lbs of gear per person fully loaded (because just a wild ass guess as I don't know the formula Ford uses, but 250lbs of cargo is, to my mind, very conservative for what they would design an off-road truck with aimed at heading out in the wilderness with ice chest/food, and gear). that gets you to 245 lbs left. Rack weighs maybe 80lbs (another guess), but will hold up to 110lbs dynamic load, for GVWR rating that is an additional 190lbs so now you are at 55lbs left. The maximum payload, is that calculated with the base small diffs and basic 4wd or the heavier diffs, steel bumpers, and Sasquatch wheels/tires? Might be a couple hundred pounds there as well.

Ford absolutely has to keep the rating below 6001lbs or they move into a class 2 truck rating.

As you can see, even with conservative guestimates, that payload is eaten up by normal stuff right quick, Will the truck ever actually be loaded like that? Rarely, but it can be and that is the rub.
I have a class 2 tag, so I'm fine with that. :LOL:

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can price out a Wildtrak with racks today!

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at The Wrangler.....the only rack you see are those aftermarket exoskeleton racks by Gobi....that’s probably an indication of the limitations you see for the Bronco
There are a lot of rack choices of all kinds on the Wrangler

Sponsored
OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, now I came home and tried to show my husband. No more racks for the Wildtrak. This B&P is glitchy. I'm sad again.
Sponsored