First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting ready to order my 4 door Badlands. Since I can’t add the 2.7L w/ Roof Rails from the factory due to GVWR, is it safe to say I can go ahead and order the 2.7L with the standard hardtop from the factory and have the dealer install the Roof Rails when I take delivery?
Sponsored

JMBGlass

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma/C.O. Badlands 2.7 4Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Roof Rails and sound-deadening headliner seem plausible that they'd add more weight than Ford would like to see related to the GVWR, but what confounds me is that they aren't letting me add the 'paint protective film' to my Badlands 4D 2.7 either.. How is that possibly a weight issue? I'm also hoping that there's no issue with dealer-install of these after the fact.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting ready to order my 4 door Badlands. Since I can’t add the 2.7L w/ Roof Rails from the factory due to GVWR, is it safe to say I can go ahead and order the 2.7L with the standard hardtop from the factory and have the dealer install the Roof Rails when I take delivery?
So, I got the WT 2.7 4dr and dealer said they should be able to order as an accessory no problems, BUT might not be able to install due to Ford and GVWR would hold them liable. But, he said nothing has been put out by Ford and doesn't think anything will till closer to rolling off the lines.

And even if I have to install it looks pretty straight forward. 2 front mounting spots (tools included already) and then looks like a clamp style for the rear mounts. Guessing similar to my old Yakima rack

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not even listed as an available accessory yet but I'm hoping it will by the time deliveries start. I'd rather install it myself. It's minimal work and maybe 10 minutes of your time.

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not even listed as an available accessory yet but I'm hoping it will by the time deliveries start. I'd rather install it myself. It's minimal work and maybe 10 minutes of your time.
Lol, wut?

Ford Bronco Roof Rail Dealer Install 0B1BE167-41EF-4953-97E2-0D8CE9BEAEA4

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn’t see it as an accessory on the official list. And Ford may resign it for 2022 so for all those reasons it could be difficult to get. As noted in the other thread the top will be resigned in 2022, and the racks may as well. You’d be one of many Sasquatch/badlands guys trying to get it from another 2021 guy that’s looking to unload. Unless there’s an aftermarket fix.

update - keep reading to see zackdangers post. Sounds like maybe only the rack will be redesigned.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t see it as an accessory on the official list. And Ford may resign it for 2022 so for all those reasons it could be difficult to get. As noted in the other thread the top will be resigned in 2022, and the racks may as well. You’d be one of many Sasquatch/badlands guys trying to get it from another 2021 guy that’s looking to unload. Unless there’s an aftermarket fix.
The roof rack is being redesigned. Ford rep stated the top is staying the same.

If that means what it sounds like it means, hopefully the racks will be interchangeable if the mating location design of the tops are staying the same.

But we know what happens when a statement starts with “Ford rep said...”

*fingers crossed*

Sponsored

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The roof rack is being redesigned. Ford rep stated the top is staying the same.

If that means what it sounds like it means, hopefully the racks will be interchangeable if the mating location design of the tops are staying the same.

But we know what happens when a statement starts with “Ford rep said...”

*fingers crossed*
Oh that’s great. I guess there was additional feedback recently added to that thread. Also that’s great for the 2021 guys. Having a dated one and done top would not be good.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh that’s great. I guess there was additional feedback recently added to that thread. Also that’s great for the 2021 guys. Having a dated one and done top would not be good.
What’s a ‘done top’? Do you mean 2021 guys can wait until 2022 and get a roof rack then and it will fit on 2021 Roof?? any why are they redesigning ?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. Well, from what I recall Ford had only ever said that they were going to “redesign the rack” but some certain forum members lost their mind about the tops being changed and not being able to get a white roof in MY22.

Someone asked this weekend at KOH and the rep reiterated it’s the *rack* that’s being redesigned.

All that aside, the notion that Ford would spend the time and money to completely redesign everything only a few months in just so a handful of people can buy the roof rack in the B&P doesn’t pass the sniff test.

At least that’s my opinion. I’ve been wrong before.
Sponsored

Last edited: