Sponsored

Roof Rails. Can they be in place with the roof off?

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can the roof rails be in place with the roof off? I would assume the rails would have to come off to remove the roof, but can it be reattached after the roof is off?

I assume the rack connects to the rollbar for the rear anchor point not the roof? I would think a rack you would want mounted to a stronger point that the thin fiberglass roof.
Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the roof rails be in place with the roof off? I would assume the rails would have to come off to remove the roof, but can it be reattached after the roof is off?

I assume the rack connects to the rollbar for the rear anchor point not the roof? I would think a rack you would want mounted to a stronger point that the thin fiberglass roof.
Unfortunately, no. The rack's rear anchor points attach to the roof.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anything "can" be attached but without the top installed you'll have to create some sort of mounting point or modify the rail (or both). I'm sure the aftermarket will come up with a top down rack using existing or potential points.

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rhino Rack currently makes a system that reinforces the mounting points on the JK and JL Jeeps so you can add more weight to the rack. I would assume there will be a similar system fabricated as soon as they get their hands on an actual Bronco.

Edit: It's called the Rhino Rack Backbone system

Sponsored

Glove_fits

Black Diamond
First Name
SLMW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2, M3, 2 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the two door model, the front panel can come off only but the rear panel needs the rack removed.

For the four-door version the front and middle panel can come off while retaining the rack. The rack needs to be removed for taking off the rear panel

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the two door model, the front panel can come off only but the rear panel needs the rack removed.

For the four-door version the front and middle panel can come off while retaining the rack. The rack needs to be removed for taking off the rear panel
The middle (back seats) panel can't be removed with the rack on, only the front two (front seats).
Sponsored