Sponsored

Roof rails vs no rails - How this effects roof removal ?

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love the look of the roof rails but I'm not likely to ever use them for intended purpose.

I'd like to add them but if they are going to be a pain with removing the hard top and placing a bimini top I'll forgo them.

Anyone that's laid hands on a pre production model seen how they'll interact with the hardop and possibly complicate removal?
Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ford guys at most of the events have said its easy. That’s all we really know. The bigger selling point seems to be that you can remove the T-tops easily.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to see the double roof racks (rails?) that mount on the back section of the roof on the B&P. I don’t want the rails that attach to the windscreen frame.
Ford Bronco Roof rails vs no rails - How this effects roof removal ? IMG_0029

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the 4 door you can remove the front panels while it's in place, but not the rear. Its exactly opposite on the 2 door. I dont know for sure, but I doubt the bimini top would be functional with the roof rack in place.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the 4 door you can remove the front panels while it's in place, but not the rear. Its exactly opposite on the 2 door. I dont know for sure, but I doubt the bimini top would be functional with the roof rack in place.
Are you sure about this? The 2-door has the same front mounting points on the windshield frame.

Sponsored

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is high on my list of questions I need answered because it impacts how I’ll use the vehicle and what I intend to order. I reserved FE, but likely don’t intend to order that - feel like my best option is to wait for MY22 - will know how things work and Ford will maybe step up their game a bit with interiors/options/etc.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me too. I wonder if these will be an accessory? I want to be able to remove the hard top and easily install either a soft top or Bimini top without interference from the roof rails. These look like they would serve the purpose of mounting a cargo basket which is what I’d use it for.

QUOTE="sanford, post: 283724, member: 13867"]
I want to see the double roof racks (rails?) that mount on the back section of the roof on the B&P. I don’t want the rails that attach to the windscreen frame.
Ford Bronco Roof rails vs no rails - How this effects roof removal ? IMG_0029

[/QUOTE]
Sponsored