Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do a lot of woodworking, and I will need the roof rails and crossbars for hauling a little lumber very now and then. I can probably fit some 12' material up there if I tie it down right.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, but I will probably have to remove them on my Basesquatch when I get home from the dealer to be able to park in my garage.
You can ask the dealer not to install

Or actually, have them install it so that you can self learn how to uninstall it when you get to your garage

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Aka surf rack, a must have for me.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, but I will probably have to remove them on my Basesquatch when I get home from the dealer to be able to park in my garage.
Assuming the preliminary specs are still all true, even a Sasquatch with a roof rack only comes in at 78.9". That should fit through any standard 7' garage door.

Sponsored

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Assuming the preliminary specs are still all true, even a Sasquatch with a roof rack only comes in at 78.9". That should fit through any standard 7' garage door.
I have some weird 1960’s built garage and it’s going to barely fit the Sasquatch with the specs from Ford.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do a lot of woodworking, and I will need the roof rails and crossbars for hauling a little lumber very now and then. I can probably fit some 12' material up there if I tie it down right.
Same here. But since I'm planning on a 2-door, I'm hoping for a aftermarket solution that uses the front fender tie downs to provide an extended rack over the front end. ...For those times I need to haul 12' board or an extension ladder.

I've already suggested this a few times here, but here goes again...

Ideally, I picture the roof rails having an inner rail that slides out when needed, while an outer rail remains fixed on the existing vehicle mounting points. The front crossbar would actually be a double cross bar comprised of a fixed crossbar connected to the fixed outer rail and a moveable bar connected to the inner rails.
The moveable cross bar could be hollow underneath such that the vertical tie down bars pivot and tuck up inside when not needed. With the inner rails extended and the front crossbar over the hood, the tie down bars are released and pivot down (one left, on right) towards the front fender tie down points where they are then locked in place.
And voila... a three cross bar system spanning the length of the vehicle.

Any aftermarket companies out there... this one is free, just let me know when you have one ready for me to field test.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same here. But since I'm planning on a 2-door, I'm hoping for a aftermarket solution that uses the front fender tie downs to provide an extended rack over the front end. ...For those times I need to haul 12' board or an extension ladder.

I've already suggested this a few times here, but here goes again...

Ideally, I picture the roof rails having an inner rail that slides out when needed, while an outer rail remains fixed on the existing vehicle mounting points. The front crossbar would actually be a double cross bar comprised of a fixed crossbar connected to the fixed outer rail and a moveable bar connected to the inner rails.
The moveable cross bar could be hollow underneath such that the vertical tie down bars pivot and tuck up inside when not needed. With the inner rails extended and the front crossbar over the hood, the tie down bars are released and pivot down (one left, on right) towards the front fender tie down points where they are then locked in place.
And voila... a three cross bar system spanning the length of the vehicle.

Any aftermarket companies out there... this one is free, just let me know when you have one ready for me to field test.
That's a good idea! Before I go that route, I'm going to try just tie down strapping all the lumber together with the outer pieces on edge for rigidity and then tie down to the front fender tie downs too.

Ford Bronco Roof Rails with Crossbars - yes or no? Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 10.33.56 AM

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say, 450
Thanks for posting! 110# is pretty pathetic but will hold my two kayaks just fine.

By "Dynamic" I assume that means when the vehicle is in motion such as when driving with cargo on the racks, while "Static" means when the vehicle is parked such as when using the tent on the roof.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By "Dynamic" I assume that means when the vehicle is in motion such as when driving with cargo on the racks, while "Static" means when the vehicle is parked such as when using the tent on the roof.
Correct.

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting them, I think the 2 dr truck looks better with the roof rails and they will be useful from time to time.

I notice the rails from Yakima are more money as an option than buying rails with the truck. Does anyone know if the stock roof rails accept the the Yakima roof mount options? I assume they do since Ford has a bunch of Yakima options listed.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes definitely I am adding a roof tent for some extreme camping.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am adding the roof rails and adding the Yakima x-large basket as I may have to keep the spare tire up there sometimes depending on what I am hauling with a hitch rack on the back of the Bronco. Won't know for sure until I actually test out my setups.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely getting them as I have ski racks and a clamshell cargo box to be occasionally used.
Sponsored