Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming the preliminary specs are still all true, even a Sasquatch with a roof rack only comes in at 78.9". That should fit through any standard 7' garage door.
A Sasquatch’ed Bronco won’t fit in my garage either with a roof rack. A standard Badlands would require me to remove the rails.
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I guess roof racks and rails have a
static roof rating (450 pounds)
dynamic rating (110 pounds)
Is it safe to assume the dynamic rating is rated for off-road use?

I would hope the attachment points on the MIC roof are going to be solid over time on a vehicle with lots of bumpy trail time.

I guess we will find out :)

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello,
I am patiently waiting to place my actual order (as we all are) and I have decided on the Badlands. I have one question regarding the roof rails. I would like to have them, but was curious if anyone knows if they may hinder (or just make it more difficult) when removing the top? I'm really hoping there is a quick disconnect or something. Any input is greatly appreciated!
I've ordered the roof rails with crossbars and intend to remove it as soon as I get home from the dealer. I'll put it back on when I need to haul something on the roof, but most of the time it won't be there. Looking at the video that shows how to remove it, I can't imagine it taking longer than 15 minutes to remove or install.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no for me for now, can always add later if I actually need them. Haven't loaded anything on a roof in 20+ years. If load capacity were higher I'd get them, I had thought about a RTT but I'm first going to try sleeping inside. I also don't want stuff in the air above my head, part of the reason to buy this for me is to have a convertible. A box or rack would defeat that purpose plus add extra wind noise (which is why I won't have a light bar on top either).

I ordered a 4Dr BL 'sqatch.

I'm also gonna see what aftermarket might offer in higher load capacity (if I go RTT, I want a large and comfy one, not a sardine can). I'm sure somebody will offer something that attaches to the rear roll bar, which probably will increase payload quite a bit. Yes, holes must be drilled in the roof, oh well.

Ideally I'd like a small off road trailer with kitchen/storage/RTT in one unit. Someday, maybe, once my wallet recovers...

Sponsored

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would hope the attachment points on the MIC roof are going to be solid over time on a vehicle with lots of bumpy trail time.

That's a good question about off-road load rating.
Apparently a major U.S. rack manufacturer did not make the rating very easy to find for one of their YouTube promoter in Australia. The said yourtuber was not impressed. His conclusion at the end of the video is that the off-road load rating of the rack is less then the weight of rack itself, which is useless to him.

The take away from the video for me is that most of the roof racks sold in the U.S. market will list the static and dynamic load ratings. But there is also a lesser known off-road load rating that must be considered if you plan to go off-road.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a good question about off-road load rating.
Apparently a major U.S. rack manufacturer did not make the rating very easy to find for one of their YouTube promoter in Australia. The said yourtuber was not impressed. His conclusion at the end of the video is that the off-road load rating of the rack is less then the weight of rack itself, which is useless to him.

The take away from the video for me is that most of the roof racks sold in the U.S. market will list the static and dynamic load ratings. But there is also a lesser known off-road load rating that must be considered if you plan to go off-road.
https://www.yakima.com.au/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/load-ratings-v1-yakima-whispbar.pdf

This Yakima document says as a rule of thumb off-road use reduces the rating by 50% for racks with clamps.

Therefore I would hope the rails and crossbar are off-road rated and not subject to this rule of thumb also.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait for the MY22 version of the rack. Pet Ford, changes are coming to it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm scarred for life by some old initial spy photos of camouflaged Broncos looking like a Flex. I will go for the roof rack at least partially because of that.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if you’ll be able to remove the center panel (4-door) while the roof-rack in in place?

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spend your money you’re way. Me I don’t want anything on the roof

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if you’ll be able to remove the center panel (4-door) while the roof-rack in in place?
Negative. Only the two front panels come off without removing the rack.