Sponsored

Roof Rattle on my MIC 2.0 top. Anyone else?

Heynongman

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same at 1000 miles. Noise gets worse everyday
I tried the craft foam solution at the locating pin which worked well. I have also contacted my dealer to see it they have a more permanent solution.
Sponsored

Jolt

First Edition
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69,72,75,78,95 Broncos, 08 F-350 KR, 09 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the 2.0 and have noticed a few issues that sound familiar to others. Built 9/28.
1) It sounds like something is loose in the drivers A pillar but after repositioning the driver roof section it goes away for awhile.
2) When leaving the Off Rodeo in Vegas there is a section of dirt road that is wash boarded. My top was making a loud squeaking/rattling noise from the passenger rear area while I was driving on it. (It didn't do it on the way in for some reason) Now I notice it whenever I hit a bump.
3) The edges of the rear section are not finished in my opinion. You can see fiberglass hairs and the laminations which in one area they are slightly separated.
I was hoping that getting a 2.0 that these problems were addressed.
At 2200 miles on it, even with these issues I am very satisfied and grateful to have one. Hopefully @Ford will come up with a quality top that solves all the issues we are having and replace them.

Edit: #2 is definitely temperature related. On my drive home on the same road it was noisy in the morning and much quieter in the afternoon.

Last edited:

JKurtz22

First Edition
First Name
Jagger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50I
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have had my bronco for a few months now with the MIC 2.0 top and it has been rattling and making knocking noises. it keeps getting louder and I'm still looking for solutions. if you have any advice please let me know !

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My MIC 2.0 had this issue too, I simply wiped some silicone spray on the delrin alignment stud and haven't heard the popping since.

Had the same thing happen with my Wrangler's roof.

JKurtz22

First Edition
First Name
Jagger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M50I
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
its going on city roads, highway, over bumps etc. took it to my deler and they added these little foam pads that have made it stop rattling but seems as though its been fixed.

Where did they add the pads to? I am going to contact my dealer to see if they can do the same thing. Thank You!

Sponsored

BigIrish

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Continental
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the 2.0 and have noticed a few issues that sound familiar to others. Built 9/28.
1) It sounds like something is loose in the drivers A pillar but after repositioning the driver roof section it goes away for awhile.
2) When leaving the Off Rodeo in Vegas there is a section of dirt road that is wash boarded. My top was making a loud squeaking/rattling noise from the passenger rear area while I was driving on it. (It didn't do it on the way in for some reason) Now I notice it whenever I hit a bump.
3) The edges of the rear section are not finished in my opinion. You can see fiberglass hairs and the laminations which in one area they are slightly separated.
I was hoping that getting a 2.0 that these problems were addressed.
At 2200 miles on it, even with these issues I am very satisfied and grateful to have one. Hopefully @Ford will come up with a quality top that solves all the issues we are having and replace them.

Edit: #2 is definitely temperature related. On my drive home on the same road it was noisy in the morning and much quieter in the afternoon.
I have this problem the passenger A pillar top or something rattling and squeaking. After removing the top and lubing the seals I got the problem to go away for about 250 miles but now it is back and will not go away. This top is an issue.

BigIrish

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Continental
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My MIC 2.0 had this issue too, I simply wiped some silicone spray on the delrin alignment stud and haven't heard the popping since.

Had the same thing happen with my Wrangler's roof.
What is the delrin alignment stud? Any particular type of silicone spray?

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is the delrin alignment stud? Any particular type of silicone spray?
It's a 1" plastic post coming off the hardtop panel, it fits into a hole in the rollbar to line up the panel when your putting the top back on.

Any silicon spray from a hardware, or auto parts store. Come in a "spray paimt can", I just spray a little on a piece of papertowel then wipe it on the plastic stud. Walmart sells ot for around $3.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
600 miles and not rattle but the wind noise is more than I expected...livable for what it is but more than expected vs the hard top Jeeps I have been in.
Same at 1000 miles. Noise gets worse everyday
My Jeep top is great! Maybe my wife having to wait 12 years for this Bronco won’t be so bad after all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
antman92

antman92

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where did they add the pads to? I am going to contact my dealer to see if they can do the same thing. Thank You!
basically right where the the rear of the drivers side meets the front of the rear piece above the drivers head

nifty

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've been having this problem too. I ran by Autozone yesterday and grabbed a couple 3/8" rubber end caps for the guide pins. Put them on last night and tested this morning. Zero clicking, popping, etc from the roof on a series of bumpy and unmaintained roads. I've popped the panels on and off several times and the end caps stay in place! Now I just need to trim their length for final fit. Great simple fix for less than $2.

guide pin 1.jpg

guide pin 2.jpg

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

600 Miles and i now have a rattle coming from above front passenger head.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

600 Miles and i now have a rattle coming from above front passenger head.
I had the same thing, then I took it on some trails and it stopped doing it.