Sponsored

Roof Rattle on my MIC 2.0 top. Anyone else?

Jolt

First Edition
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69,72,75,78,95 Broncos, 08 F-350 KR, 09 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I spent some time this last weekend and after a few days of a 35 mi round trip commute it is still quiet.
What I did was put heat shrink on all the removable panels alignment pins. I also put a thin coat of silicone paste/dielectric grease on all the rubber bumpers on said panels and the tailgate/liftgate ones where they make contact. It's amazing how much quieter it is. Hopefully it won't attract too much dust and will last a few months.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the soft top but believe I have the same rattle on the same piece. It is driving me insane. Tried to pull the cover off but it wouldn't budge... Except just enough to make the rattle 10x worse.

I will do the foam trick for now, but would really like to fix it "right".

does anyone have a roof rattle with MIC 2.0?

I know exactly where its coming from - the plastic piece where the drivers side roof pull down latch thing is. Not sure if that plastic piece is removable, or if i can tighten it. but one day i may just rip it off out of anger lmao

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spent some time this last weekend and after a few days of a 35 mi round trip commute it is still quiet.
What I did was put heat shrink on all the removable panels alignment pins. I also put a thin coat of silicone paste/dielectric grease on all the rubber bumpers on said panels and the tailgate/liftgate ones where they make contact. It's amazing how much quieter it is. Hopefully it won't attract too much dust and will last a few months.
It was crazy how much the shrink wrap changed the noise.

Sponsored

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's a 1" plastic post coming off the hardtop panel, it fits into a hole in the rollbar to line up the panel when your putting the top back on.

Any silicon spray from a hardware, or auto parts store. Come in a "spray paimt can", I just spray a little on a piece of papertowel then wipe it on the plastic stud. Walmart sells ot for around $3.
I had same problem with squeaking noise, used white lithium grease. Haven't had a problem since, about 5 weeks now.

ravenb99

First Edition
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
About 7k miles on mine now. The rattle from what sounds like the far back area (which I haven't taken off yet) is growing louder and louder as the weeks go by. Always think I have something back there then realize I don't and its just the roof or side panels rattling back there.
Sponsored