First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay hear me out. Just curious how this works with the auto industry. Is Ford required to carry a certain amount of spare parts to provide customers in the event of accidents? Basically what’s called “Seed Stock”. Same thing applies to car manufacturers that go belly up. Aren’t they supposed to still have a certain allocation dedicated towards warranty repairs?
I’m just wondering with current commodity restraints and how few parts Ford has even on the production side, are they going to have enough for the warranty side especially MIC roofs? Just a thought…
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems unlikely. I've seen multiple stories of Tesla's being in minor accidents and the owners end up waiting months for parts to become available.

Can't imagine Ford would have different rules than another auto maker

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no rule or requirement. It’s a business decision as to what inventory level of spare parts to maintain.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay hear me out. Just curious how this works with the auto industry. Is Ford required to carry a certain amount of spare parts to provide customers in the event of accidents? Basically what’s called “Seed Stock”. Same thing applies to car manufacturers that go belly up. Aren’t they supposed to still have a certain allocation dedicated towards warranty repairs?
I’m just wondering with current commodity restraints and how few parts Ford has even on the production side, are they going to have enough for the warranty side especially MIC roofs? Just a thought…
Yes, they are obligated to fulfill warranty repairs under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

As far as spare parts for accidents and damage, there is not a federal requirement, than I know of, but there is a huge business incentive. The markup on replacement parts, and the service related to the part, is the big driver for revenue. There is no reason these would not be available.
Sponsored