Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's a cool design, Ursa Minor type. But is it easily removable to get back to a normal top? I don't want to be daily driving with all that weight up there.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's a cool design, Ursa Minor type. But is it easily removable to get back to a normal top? I don't want to be daily driving with all that weight up there.
An Ursa Minor RTT is integrated in the top. It replaces your existing top. You would need a hoist or friends to remove the UM top. Of course, if you swap another hard top just to have removable panels, then you have to pay for both tops and figure out how to store one while the other is in place.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't think this has been discussed in it's own thread. I've seen a few members speculate that the black Bronco with the funky top could possibly be hiding a roof top tent. How cool would it be if it were fully integrated into the Bronco and could clamp in where the removable roof panels go - temporarily replacing them?

You could have an access from below to the tent without going outside. Kind of like an Ursa Minor. The back section of the roof would have to stay in place of course but that could be designed around. Could make a low profile tent with less drag.

Ford-Bronco-Jeep-Wrangler-9.jpg
Any speculation about that “top” is incorrect. It is just sheets of black plastic from a hardware store attached to a frame underneath made from 1” electrical conduit. Where it meets the body and the crudely stitched rear section, it is taped with black duct tape. I saw it in person, there’s nothing hiding under it.

This has nothing to do with the idea of a RTT that replaces roof panels, I’m only speaking about the bronco in the picture.

1BF54A31-69C5-4B66-97AE-C9C90F10E993.jpeg

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

An Ursa Minor RTT is integrated in the top. It replaces your existing top. You would need a hoist or friends to remove the UM top. Of course, if you swap another hard top just to have removable panels, then you have to pay for both tops and figure out how to store one while the other is in place.
Another thread on the Ursa Minor RTT.
Sponsored