Sponsored

Rooftop tents and rooftop racks - recommendations ?

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was interested in the gobi for my bronco raptor. I was just concerned with the way the corner rear support goes underneath the hardtop. It appears to raise the back corner up enough to allow wind and water to get in. Also it would seem that because the hardtop is now uneven you lose some support in the bottom middle of the top since it doesn't sit flat. Have you gad any issues or concerns with air and water

Screenshot_20230326_085110_Gallery.jpg
No issues….but looks like a different design - on my ‘21 Badlands the steel piece is a thinner body protection plate that bears no weight.

726F8CA7-1C25-4B90-AFE9-569081E45C54.jpeg
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OP cited a 3 person tent. There is no way a Superlite will work. For this use case I would suggest the trailrax with an iKamper X-cover.

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

most of the rtts suggested here are not 3 man tents. im rocking trailrax trmr + ikamper skycamp 2.0 which sleeps 3-4 and recommend it.

Lucyannon

First Edition
First Name
Lucyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a similar concern with my setup. I went with a rooftop tent and rack that had an aerodynamic design to minimize any wind and water issues from Rooftop Tents For Sale. It's worked well for me, and I've had no problems with water getting in. Look for options with good reviews and consider getting some weatherproofing seals just in case. Happy camping!
Sponsored

Last edited: