rcman989

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m new to this- can anyone tell me what makes this kit from 4WP worth so much more money?

4 Wheel Parts Factory Bronco Level Lift Kit - 62210K
Probably because it includes the crash bars as well which are removed on a Sasquatch so why buy them here?

There fitment table also says it fits Badlands, Wildtrak and First Edition which all have Bilsteins but then someone asked a question in that listing if it fits Bilsteins and they say it does not. Again I am gonna buy from a company that is about the details and listing this wrong is a red flag to me. Just my $0.02.
Ford Bronco Rough Country 2” lift on 4 door Base Bronco, with 35s on 18” Fuel wheels 0E1E28E6-5963-4C09-82A2-1930D92F1BFE
Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've got a base manual ordered. Do you think 35" tires will lug it down too bad? I believe it comes with 4.46 gears.
Base comes with 3.73 ratio

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a base manual ordered. Do you think 35" tires will lug it down too bad? I believe it comes with 4.46 gears.
4.46 is a pretty low gear, I believe you'll be ok.
I have the 2.3 7spd coming also. I intend to run 285/75-17 (33.8") and feel the 4.46 will be plenty of gear.
The 4.46 will be right in the wheelhouse for 285/70-17 (33's) though.

With those 34's & 35's, there will be no hard off-roading for us. You'll break the M190.

Mine will be 99.8% commuter .... .2% weekend fun rig, I'll use a spacer lift and if I ever need to upgrade, King's or trade it for a squatch.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably because it includes the crash bars as well which are removed on a Sasquatch so why buy them here?

There fitment table also says it fits Badlands, Wildtrak and First Edition which all have Bilsteins but then someone asked a question in that listing if it fits Bilsteins and they say it does not. Again I am gonna buy from a company that is about the details and listing this wrong is a red flag to me. Just my $0.02.
Ford Bronco Rough Country 2” lift on 4 door Base Bronco, with 35s on 18” Fuel wheels 0E1E28E6-5963-4C09-82A2-1930D92F1BFE
That and I don't have full confidence in aluminum in that application. I need to look into that more though.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mando6337

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4.46 is a pretty low gear, I believe you'll be ok.
I have the 2.3 7spd coming also. I intend to run 285/75-17 (33.8") and feel the 4.46 will be plenty of gear.
The 4.46 will be right in the wheelhouse for 285/70-17 (33's) though.

With those 34's & 35's, there will be no hard off-roading for us. You'll break the M190.

Mine will be 99.8% commuter .... .2% weekend fun rig, I'll use a spacer lift and if I ever need to upgrade, King's or trade it for a squatch.
I’ve got a 2.3 10AT 4.27 big bend coming. I’m the same as far as commuter and weekend fun. Will the 4.27 be able to handle the 35s? Again, I’m not doing any heavy off-roading.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I disagree, so long as you don't add a locker to it.

In fact I did a detailed examination on this very topic.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...xles-tough-enough-to-turn-35s.2599/post-83679

Here's an excerpt

"Tl;dr. If you blow the differential or axle shafts, it will be by mashing the throttle in low range, in first gear, and on some surface that nearly or completely locks up the tires. If you are going to keep your shenanigans to 4H and keep the diff open, you should be fine even running 35s, if you want to use 33s, the m190 should definitely be sufficient, but I wouldn’t trust it with a locker."

Last edited:

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Offroad Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted '93 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing the price, what are the odds Sas from the factory isn’t all that much different in cost? Seriously wondering from a noob perspective. I can’t imagine making those changes and paying for labor will be all that much different. Plus you get the suspension upgrades with Sas as well. Thoughts?
Can you believe Ford is offering a Chinese made 7 speed manual? And what about those electronics, where they coming from?

I'm not trying to argue... but let's be real, many many things including smart phones and computers or their components are built in china.🤷‍♂️
Yeah you're right but the thing is that Chinese steel has been known to be pretty crappy, I work in heavy civil construction and we joke about it all the time.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw a awesome 2 piece spacer lift can't remember made it now.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rough Country rides like it sounds. They are cheap and you get what you pay for. Good warranty though but get ready to be pulling parts every year to swap them out as they fail.

Rough Country and Shitty Smittybilt are, at least coming from the Jeep side of things, the top brands to avoid.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree, so long as you don't add a locker to it.

In fact I did an in detail examination on this very topic.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...xles-tough-enough-to-turn-35s.2599/post-83679

Here's an excerpt

"Tl;dr. If you blow the differential or axle shafts, it will be by mashing the throttle in low range, in first gear, and on some surface that nearly or completely locks up the tires. If you are going to keep your shenanigans to 4H and keep the diff open, you should be fine even running 35s, if you want to use 33s, the m190 should definitely be sufficient, but I wouldn’t trust it with a locker."
Good read! Thanks!

There was a question at the end regarding comparing the old D30 to the M190 ....
Here is what I was given:

The new Advantek D30 and D44 should of been given new designations.
Comparing them to the older axles is like directly comparing a G6 Bronco to a EB, because they share a name too.

That said, the M190's center differential is actually rated by Dana as being stronger than the new Jeep D44.
The M210 is significantly stronger.
The pinion teeth of the M190 and M210 engage the ring gear closer to the center of the gear.
The D44 and D30 have the pinion closer to the top, for driveshaft clearance.
This puts more deflection stress on the D30/44 pinion.

Also, the ring gears use an new convex curved tooth shape, that increases the % of ring gear and pinion tooth contact, while reducing friction.

As @Apples has said, the CV joints are going to be the weak link in the front axle.

The good news is that the Ford engineers made the Sasquatch CV size the default half shaft for all Broncos.
Also, there is only one half shaft.
It is interchangeable L/R, Base to Wildtrack.

Finally, Ford has stated that the Bronco is easily lifted. Just like the Wrangler.
Ford Dealers have watched Jeep Dealers get fat and happy putting MOPAR warrenty approved 2" lifts and 37" tires on Wranglers.
Either straight off the showroom floor, or as a used sale still under warranty.

Ford has directly stated that Bronco dealers will be able to get in on this action.
Big money is at stake.

All of this means that the Bronco hard parts will handle 37" tires.
Just add lift and rubber.

M190 Broncos will be like D30 Wranglers. 35" if you are lightfooted on the trail. 37" if it's a mall crawler.

M210 +37" will be gtg for the lightfooted.
We don't know yet if the 40" tires will be usable as a mall crawler without heavy modifications to things like the ball joints and steering.
Probably not. The 40" donuts are very heavy.
Sponsored