First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have this or another 3.5” lift on their Bronco? Curious to hear thoughts and any cons about this or any other 3.5” lifts? 3.5” is as high as I can go before the Bronco won’t fit in the garage anymore.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drove one overnight as a loaner with the RC 3.5” lift and fuel rims with 35’s. It road really well. The one thing I really like about the RC 3.5” kit is they have the diff drop included. Which keeps your CV joints close to stock angle. I see a lot of expensive kits that don’t do this and have seen even on this forum people have cv issues with even a 2” lift. I really like the stance and even had a deposit put down on this one. Then a guy backed out on the deal for an outer banks at the same dealer and I was able to get that instead. I do wish I could have gotten the antimatter blue but the only option on the loaner was auto trans. I wanted more creature comfort’s and figured I can lift later.
Ford Bronco Rough country 3.5” lift 01CBE944-E600-4321-AEB5-93AF997CD823
Ford Bronco Rough country 3.5” lift 132DF065-75CE-4A2F-A0A2-8B2CAA9B8A70

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dmorty217

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drive one overnight as a loaner with the RC 3.5” lift and fuel rims with 35’s. It road really well. The one thing I really like about the RC 3.5” kit is they have the diff drop included. Which keeps your CV joints close to stock angle. I see a lot of expensive kits that don’t do this and have seen even on this forum people have cv issues with even a 2” lift. I really like the stance and even had a deposit put down on this one. Then a guy backed out on the deal for an outer banks at the same dealer and I was able to get that instead. I do wish I could have gotten the antimatter blue but the only option on the loaner was auto trans. I wanted more creature comfort’s and figured I can lift later.

what are your thoughts on the step rails, looking at getting those too

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In regards to the steps. The wife and I liked them well and when I get my lift I will go with them. They are also RC. I like the fact that the are adjustable you can slide the steps for and aft to your liking.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
[QUOTE="‘21OBX, post: 1206968, member: 3244he RCth It l. The one thing I really like about the RC 3.5” kit is they have the diff drop included. Which keeps your CV joints close to stock angle. I see a lot of expensive kits that don’t do this and have seen even on this forum people have cv issues with even a 2” lift.
[/QUOTE]

The diff drop in the 3.5 inch kit is only 0.4 inches. It is used to keep the amount of spacer lift almost exactly the same as their 2 inch kit (it is about 0.05" less). The rest is a spring preload.

I am not implying that you have anything to worry about, but your CV angles are no where close to stock. You are down 3.1 inches from stock, but your full droop is protected to the same level as the 2 inch lift because of the preload component.

Again I think you should be fine, but no better off than a 2 inch spacer lift - and somewhat worse because you are running a higher angle all of the time.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I drove one overnight as a loaner with the RC 3.5” lift and fuel rims with 35’s. It road really well. The one thing I really like about the RC 3.5” kit is they have the diff drop included. Which keeps your CV joints close to stock angle. I see a lot of expensive kits that don’t do this and have seen even on this forum people have cv issues with even a 2” lift. I really like the stance and even had a deposit put down on this one. Then a guy backed out on the deal for an outer banks at the same dealer and I was able to get that instead. I do wish I could have gotten the antimatter blue but the only option on the loaner was auto trans. I wanted more creature comfort’s and figured I can lift later.
What size rims?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What size rims?
18” I don’t know the offset or anything I have tried to get the dealer to tell me even the model so I could look them up. I did find them on a website but don’t remember the specs.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, it's actually right in the instructions you posted. Each of the two passenger side spacers are 3/16" thick. And you can see from the pictures that the differential is only dropped 3/8 of an inch.

If the CV angles were "close to stock", the differential would need to be hanging down 3.5 inches. Again, the minor differential drop contained in the RC 3.5 inch kit is only to keep the maximum CV angles on par with the 2 inch kit (close to max before bind issues). It does not do what you said, and I would not want people to be mislead into thinking that it does.

There is another thread where this is discussed. The poster bought just the differential drop from RC thinking that it was a more significant change. He ended up welding it to his own bracket and moving all of the mounting points.

There is nothing wrong with the 3.5 inch kit, but like most packages it pushes all of the options to the max. The spacer component provides about 2.5 inches of lift. The preload component provides about 1.0 inches of lift. And the differential drop takes away 0.4 inches of the resulting CV angle. Also has new UCA's and a 3" relocation drop for the track bar.

That's it, there is no free lunch, and it is not close to stock by any stretch of the imagination.

Ford Bronco Rough country 3.5” lift 1644840775530

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm I was just looking at the thickness difference on the new mount. Either way the one I drive the wheels off while I had it as a loaner drive very well I didn’t notice any binding at all. I mean I didn’t go off road wheeling but out in a bout 100 miles over night just going everywhere lol.
Sponsored