Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife ordered these for me but unfortunately the brackets don't fit. I'm talking not even close. I know there is a YouTuber that installed them and had to expand the holes. My brackets are so off that this wouldn't even help.

https://www.roughcountry.com/8in-led-light-bars-70728bl.html

I've emailed RC multiple times over the past few weeks and I have yet to get a reply. If I'm going to install them, I will have to get brackets manufactured. It's more money than I'd like to spend, especially if RC could just send me the correct brackets (maybe these are Jeep brackets). Anyway, my question is, has anyone installed these and do you absolutely love them? I'm so close to returning them and I'm looking for SOME reason to keep these. Thanks all!
Sponsored

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can you post a pic of what you are talking about? They don’t bolt to the light? As in don’t bolt to the side of the light and you are able to mount on the top, back, or bottom? Just not following…

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I presume that these are for the MOD bumper? Based on your link above it appears that the kit only comes with the light brackets...it does not appear to include the bracket that attaches to the bumper to which the lights attach. The youtuber you reference had to fabricate the actual bumper mounting bracket. I'm not sure if RC offers this bracket.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
LatinoComedian

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you post a pic of what you are talking about? They don’t bolt to the light? As in don’t bolt to the side of the light and you are able to mount on the top, back, or bottom? Just not following…
Sorry to go AWOL there. I am sicker than a dog. I'm try to get out and take some pics with what they give and how it looks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LatinoComedian

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I presume that these are for the MOD bumper? Based on your link above it appears that the kit only comes with the light brackets...it does not appear to include the bracket that attaches to the bumper to which the lights attach. The youtuber you reference had to fabricate the actual bumper mounting bracket. I'm not sure if RC offers this bracket.
That's probably what I'm missing! (I.M.N. IDIOT) Thanks for providing the link. I'll look through that and update. Thanks for your help and hopefully others will read this and avoid posting an embarrassing post for something so simple.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's probably what I'm missing! (I.M.N. IDIOT) Thanks for providing the link. I'll look through that and update. Thanks for your help and hopefully others will read this and avoid posting an embarrassing post for something so simple.
Yup, you got lights with universal mounting brackets. Those aren't made to fit any specific vehicle. They're just a starting point that may or may not work for a particular application. Not Rough Country's fault, although certainly wouldn't have hurt them to at least respond to you. It's common to have to fab your own brackets, especially early in the game like this, or when mounting in a location other than the common pillar/roof/fog locations.

OP
OP
LatinoComedian

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, you got lights with universal mounting brackets. Those aren't made to fit any specific vehicle. They're just a starting point that may or may not work for a particular application. Not Rough Country's fault, although certainly wouldn't have hurt them to at least respond to you. It's common to have to fab your own brackets, especially early in the game like this, or when mounting in a location other than the common pillar/roof/fog locations.
These would have been so easy to install if I just would have had the brackets from the beginning. Now it's cold so there will be a lot more swearing involved when I install them. Thanks so much for your help. You're right, not RC's fault and now I have learned a lesson for my next light kit purchase. Thanks again.

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These would have been so easy to install if I just would have had the brackets from the beginning. Now it's cold so there will be a lot more swearing involved when I install them. Thanks so much for your help. You're right, not RC's fault and now I have learned a lesson for my next light kit purchase. Thanks again.
That’s what I was going to say originally. They come with universal mounting brackets. I have the same lights and made my own brackets.

1F8AC323-286D-434D-B028-871630969985.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our mounting brackets outta work. We actually created the first 6" light bar/fog kit for use with Diode Dynamics... The RC dual 6" bars is NOT a bronco kit and won't work on a bronco without modification. You'll also want a wiring harness as the one they give you I don't believe is even designed to work properly with the bronco

But here are the brackets you need:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-triple-fog-light-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Rough Country 8-Inch Cree Lights Experience 1642116361912

You can add our triple harness on (Rigid D-Series which are the DT connectors) and tape off the 2nd and 3rd pairs. OR this is what we provide with the Diode Kits:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-oem-auxiliary-switch-dual-output-wiring-harness/

And if you wanna do it with the Diode Dynamcis 6" lights, we have a complete kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco Rough Country 8-Inch Cree Lights Experience 1642116039189

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s what I was going to say originally. They come with universal mounting brackets. I have the same lights and made my own brackets.

1F8AC323-286D-434D-B028-871630969985.jpeg
That is sweet! You made your own bracket you said? Are you planning of making some.... and sell? Just asking...

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is sweet! You made your own bracket you said? Are you planning of making some.... and sell? Just asking...
Unfortunately those are a one off. I don’t have a shop. I just took an afternoon in my garage and tried my best to make them. I appreciate the comment though.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OP
OP
LatinoComedian

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our mounting brackets outta work. We actually created the first 6" light bar/fog kit for use with Diode Dynamics... The RC dual 6" bars is NOT a bronco kit and won't work on a bronco without modification. You'll also want a wiring harness as the one they give you I don't believe is even designed to work properly with the bronco

But here are the brackets you need:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off-road-triple-fog-light-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

You can add our triple harness on (Rigid D-Series which are the DT connectors) and tape off the 2nd and 3rd pairs. OR this is what we provide with the Diode Kits:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-oem-auxiliary-switch-dual-output-wiring-harness/

And if you wanna do it with the Diode Dynamcis 6" lights, we have a complete kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Dude! I literally ordered these TODAY from you guys. Your customer service guy on the phone was FANTASTIC. He knew exactly what I was looking for and answered all my stupid questions. Thank you so much. Can't wait to get these in!

OP
OP
LatinoComedian

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE: Well, I have to hand it to @4x4TruckLEDs.com. I ordered that bracket yesterday afternoon and it was in my mailbox today. I know that a lot has to do with the fact that I am only one state away, but it also means that they processed that order quickly and got it out the door really fast. (And the sour candy was really appreciated!) Seriously, I have to recommend them.

As for the bracket, I started to mount the lights with the bracket but it was too cold outside. I'll go at it again once it warms up.

Thanks everybody for the advice!
Sponsored