Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was going to level my former F250 and everyone talked me OUT of using anything from Rough Country. Maybe someone with experience with them can chime in.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve already heard Rough Country kits for the Bronco Sport are causing issues. I’d stay away from their stuff.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going to level my former F250 and everyone talked me OUT of using anything from Rough Country. Maybe someone with experience with them can chime in.

Agreed, avoid if possible.... I know a few people who have the Sports and went with RC and they either removed immediately or things broke... I would not recommend RC to anyone.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve used several RC products in the past. The customer service was great. Obviously you get what you pay for, but I had a sagging spring on my wife’s jku, called them and they warrantied it no problem, had a replacement in a few days. With something like this, just being a boost on top of the spring, shouldn’t be any issue. There’s higher quality for a higher price, but I have zero issues with RC products.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve already heard Rough Country kits for the Bronco Sport are causing issues. I’d stay away from their stuff.
Like what?

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, avoid if possible.... I know a few people who have the Sports and went with RC and they either removed immediately or things broke... I would not recommend RC to anyone.
what problems? (And I’m not saying this to be snarky, genuinely asking for the issues. Too often you hear “well so n so said…”) Ymmv, but I’ve had good luck with RC products.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like what?
The geometry angles are quite high, causing bolts to loosen and undo during wheeling. Lots of issues with front sway bars and clunking noises.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The geometry angles are quite high, causing bolts to loosen and undo during wheeling. Lots of issues with front sway bars and clunking noises.
Gotcha.
I would think this being a bigger vehicle overall, there would be less of an issue with that, considering they build these same style lifts for the Jeeps and sell the hell out of them. Being a unibody construction could be a cause of that as well, vs a body on frame build. I’m not an engineer or anything more than a novice at best mechanic, but I have put several of their products through hell over the years, so call it an educated guess? 🤷🏼‍♂️😬

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve used several RC products in the past. The customer service was great. Obviously you get what you pay for, but I had a sagging spring on my wife’s jku, called them and they warrantied it no problem, had a replacement in a few days. With something like this, just being a boost on top of the spring, shouldn’t be any issue. There’s higher quality for a higher price, but I have zero issues with RC products.
Seconding this. Bought a used truck with a RC lift and never had an issue. YMMV

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the general consensus turns out to be that a 1" spacer will not cause binding on a BL, I would 100% get this with no qualms. A chunk of steel isn't going to go bad just because of the name on it. The double stacked spacers is a little weird but it won't hurt anything.

This is a good opportunity to flip those lower shock bolts to threads pointing up.

rcman989

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m liking the Zone 1” leveling kit more F1102. I’m all about the little details. Zone uses 14mm bolts versus RC uses 12mm. Zone also has a single upper plate versus the 2 stacked plates in RC which I think is weird. Zone also has a flange nut versus just a regular nut with no washer which I also find weird. For the same price I am thinking I am gonna do Zone. And way more thorough in their instructions.
Ford Bronco Rough Country has 1" leveling kit for 2021 Bronco AE9D6386-3DD4-4542-B48B-51EBE4D7BC70
Ford Bronco Rough Country has 1" leveling kit for 2021 Bronco 0E50D305-563A-4C55-BA51-638B7A6EA85F
Ford Bronco Rough Country has 1" leveling kit for 2021 Bronco 4BC7472B-4598-43DF-BF53-38B41FBE5205

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the same price I am thinking I am gonna do Zone. And way more thorough in their instructions.
Easy choice. For some reason I thought Zone was a lot more.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In our shop we have taken off an RC lift only to put on the exact same size lift from Zone. Why, you might ask ?? Customers exact words ............

Because the ride SUCKS !!!!!!!!!

So we did it, only the lift, no change in wheels, tires, nothing else, and he was right, truck rode a hell of a lot better with the Zone kit. We install mostly Zone and BDS and you get kind of used to not have those problems but when you can get a before and after so close together it was VERY noticeable. I try to steer people clear of RC but to each his own.

Just my 2 cents.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You know who else buys cheap Rough Country Lifts?

Ford Bronco Rough Country has 1" leveling kit for 2021 Bronco 1625882505875

Need I say more?
Sponsored