Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you not have a skid plate under there already? It would have the bolts there?
I will have to defer to @gmac71 on this who has done the install. I was just trying to prepare before I'm able to order the kit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will have to defer to @gmac71 on this who has done the install. I was just trying to prepare before I'm able to order the kit.
I looked up the Bolts, and they are the ones that hold the skid plate there. If you have the skid plate, then you have the bolts.....

Ford Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch now for Modular Bumper **new photos*** 1647537144760

gmac71

Badlands
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Expedition; '21 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked up the Bolts, and they are the ones that hold the skid plate there. If you have the skid plate, then you have the bolts.....

1647537144760.png
Hi. You will need two more bolts trust me. There are two more bolts on the top of the new skid plate. This doesn’t exist on factory skid plate. When you install you will see what I mean as there is no overlap on the bottom skid plate.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi. You will need two more bolts trust me. There are two more bolts on the top of the new skid plate. This doesn’t exist on factory skid plate. When you install you will see what I mean as there is no overlap on the bottom skid plate.
Ah ok, that clarifies it. Unfortunatly those bolts are on Back order right now.... but... they are actually just M10X30MM Bolts, so I'll get a couple of those and be good to go!

These Bolts will be included in the updated kit for next production run, just so you guys know.

But the current kit only has the hardware for the original plastic bumper. If you don't want to wait for the shims and two side plates. The V2 skid plate will work, as @gmac71 has pointed out.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dirt/grit in synthetic line does indeed shorten the life as does UV/sunshine

regardless of where it’s mounted those are possibilities either in storage or in use while mounted on the bumper

Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dirt/grit in synthetic line does indeed shorten the life as does UV/sunshine

regardless of where it’s mounted those are possibilities either in storage or in use while mounted on the bumper
So you’re saying we should stop being wimps and just install it and enjoy it for whatever lifespan it has while also looking awesome? 😁🤓

gmac71

Badlands
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah ok, that clarifies it. Unfortunatly those bolts are on Back order right now.... but... they are actually just M10X30MM Bolts, so I'll get a couple of those and be good to go!

These Bolts will be included in the updated kit for next production run, just so you guys know.

But the current kit only has the hardware for the original plastic bumper. If you don't want to wait for the shims and two side plates. The V2 skid plate will work, as @gmac71 has pointed out.
That is the correct bolt thread size. Good luck with the install. It is quite easy. The hardest part was using the sawzall on the new frame. I used a few of these saw blades and it cut through the metal quite well.
Ford Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch now for Modular Bumper **new photos*** Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 6.56.17 PM

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, by the looks of it he got a V2 plate.

I'm thinking the low positioning is going to be the downside of this set up..... But, it's not like mud won't reach higher up either.

With synthetic line I don't think you'll have to take the line out and clean it. I'm more worried about the electrical .....
I modded the original RC kit and have a Warn EVO winch and relocated the control unit to the other side of my compressor mount. It was rated for submersion, but the fit was going to be tight and I wanted no chance of water intrusion. Most any winch will allow movement of the control unit - just a matter of having a place to put it.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the correct bolt thread size. Good luck with the install. It is quite easy. The hardest part was using the sawzall on the new frame. I used a few of these saw blades and it cut through the metal quite well.
Ford Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch now for Modular Bumper **new photos*** Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 6.56.17 PM
Yep. Did the cutting last night..... Did you have to grind it completely flush to the frame? I made it all flat but didn't want to risk cutting into the frame. I'm assuming it's just so the winch will clear?

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, a longer blade would of been way way better.... as you'll see in my install video lol.

Putting the rest on tonight, area is prepped. Is this enough? or did I have to completly grind it flat to the surface????

PXL_20220318_103357274.jpg

PXL_20220318_103354201.MP.jpg

Sponsored

gmac71

Badlands
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, a longer blade would of been way way better.... as you'll see in my install video lol.

Putting the rest on tonight, area is prepped. Is this enough? or did I have to completly grind it flat to the surface????

Ford Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch now for Modular Bumper **new photos*** PXL_20220318_103354201.MP

Ford Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch now for Modular Bumper **new photos*** PXL_20220318_103354201.MP
Nice job! that will be fine it has lots of clearance.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice job! that will be fine it has lots of clearance.
Oh thank God! FYI, don't grind with no gloves or long sleeves.......

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would love to see the over the top winch mount before I pull the trigger on the hidden mount or other option.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New pics added to original post!

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it’s below the bumper? Does anyone make one that sits behind the bumper?
Sponsored