Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Though there are a few threads on this - I’m excited for some progress on which brands of winches actually fit. I don’t think I would trust an RC winch when I really need one…

Looking forward to your write up @Durty_Mo
Just posted.
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I installed the RC hidden winch on Saturday on my 2.3 Badlands with mod bumper. Basically merged the stock skid and RC skid. Will be doing a write up later today.

21286AD3-D7AF-47E9-AEDD-E3F119ADC385.jpeg
Excellent looking forward to the pictures

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Following this thread, but thinking this topic might warrant it's own thread:

Hidden Winch Solution for OEM Modular Bumper and 2.7L Engine

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm torn between waiting for a solution and replacing the bumper. I really like the mood bumper and JCR mount but I'm afraid of the list approach angle.

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It's all I really want...

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's all I really want...
Same. Is it worth its own thread and opening it to the greater forum to see who's done it or knows anything?

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On the winch plate accepting other brand winches, I’d have to say yes.

I’ve run the RC hidden winch on two F150’s and had different brand winches on both.

Just call them, they’ll answer that question for sure...good people.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the winch plate accepting other brand winches, I’d have to say yes.

I’ve run the RC hidden winch on two F150’s and had different brand winches on both.

Just call them, they’ll answer that question for sure...good people.
They have posted the dimensions of their hole pattern - pretty standard. I used a Warn VR Evo on it. But I did re-locate the control unit to my engine bay (I wanted it there, and even if not I think it may have been too tall for the space anyway). I’ll have to see if I can measure how much room remains above the winch and post that.

Deleted member 31617

HI all, I installed the RC hidden winch on my First Edition (2.7L, Mod Bumper). You can see the full write up in the link below (not putting it all here again).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/winch-on-modular-bumper-badlands.31551/post-1214344

Before you all message me asking for installation photos and if I can make you brackets, no, sorry, we didn't take photos of the install, we were focused on getting it done and the brackets were custom made/welded, no off the shelf link I can provide here.

What I can tell you to answer some of the questions in this string are, we only moved the heat exchanger/trans cooler up some and did NOT remake any of the lines, we kept the factory line. We used the RC Winch as you can separate the top control panel from the actual winch assembly and mounted the entire control box remotely, thus allowing room for the cooler to sit on top of the winch. We did abandon the RC skid plate and just use the factory one.

I hope at least this provides some insight and proof of concept, finished photos and other info available through the link above in the other string.

Deleted member 31617

HI all, I installed the RC hidden winch on my First Edition (2.7L, Mod Bumper). You can see the full write up in the link below (not putting it all here again).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/winch-on-modular-bumper-badlands.31551/post-1214344

Before you all message me asking for installation photos and if I can make you brackets, no, sorry, we didn't take photos of the install, we were focused on getting it done and the brackets were custom made/welded, no off the shelf link I can provide here.

What I can tell you to answer some of the questions in this string are, we only moved the heat exchanger/trans cooler up some and did NOT remake any of the lines, we kept the factory line. We used the RC Winch as you can separate the top control panel from the actual winch assembly and mounted the entire control box remotely, thus allowing room for the cooler to sit on top of the winch. We did abandon the RC skid plate and just use the factory one.

I hope at least this provides some insight and proof of concept, finished photos and other info available through the link above in the other string.
Sponsored