RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone know what’s up with the rough country nudge bar fitting the 2022 bronco? On the rough country website, it says it doesn’t fit 2022, and on the stage 3 motor sports site, it says that same bar does in fact fit 2022. Wife is trying to get it for me for Christmas.

thougts?
Sponsored

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mod bumper is a 22 option now. Capable bumper is standard

OP
OP

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
from what I understand, capable bumper is only standard on certain trims. I ordered a base, which still comes with standard bumper. I don’t believe the standard bumper changed between 21 and 22, so I’m probably fine to order it. Can always return it I suppose.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
can't say for sure but i have a 22 obx coming and i was assuming it would fit on the 22's as well. my biggest concern is whether it's going to interfere with the bumper sensors. i have to think it will and that's a dealbreaker for me

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can't say for sure but i have a 22 obx coming and i was assuming it would fit on the 22's as well. my biggest concern is whether it's going to interfere with the bumper sensors. i have to think it will and that's a dealbreaker for me
I was actually just looking at the nudge bar for my outer banks and it said it might interfere with sensors on the front. I have the mid package, so I don't have a lot of fancy stuff, but I do have lane keeping, etc. so I am wondering if that would be impacted? I cannot find a bumper I like that has fog lights.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was actually just looking at the nudge bar for my outer banks and it said it might interfere with sensors on the front. I have the mid package, so I don't have a lot of fancy stuff, but I do have lane keeping, etc. so I am wondering if that would be impacted? I cannot find a bumper I like that has fog lights.
i too have the obx with mid package which i believe means no parking sensors in the front bumper but i don't know about any other sensors like if there's adaptive cruise control or something like that
edit: copilot 360 involves automatic emergency braking and i just don't know where the sensors are for that but i'm going to save the money for now until we can know more

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i too have the obx with mid package which i believe means no parking sensors in the front bumper but i don't know about any other sensors like if there's adaptive cruise control or something like that
I think it *might* interfere with the sensor at the bottom.

Ford Bronco Rough Country Nudge Bar fit 2022? 1637510459129

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it *might* interfere with the sensor at the bottom.

Ford Bronco Rough Country Nudge Bar fit 2022? 1637510459129
good find- looks like we might get lucky but not worth the risk to me of losing that functionality- i knew auto braking used the camera in the windshield but didn't realize there was a sensor down there. the factory bar mounts on top of the modular bumper which wouldn't be an issue based on that sensor placement. i'm ok without it l actually kind of like the obx bumper with the integrated fogs

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good find- looks like we might get lucky but not worth the risk to me of losing that functionality- i knew auto braking used the camera in the windshield but didn't realize there was a sensor down there. the factory bar mounts on top of the modular bumper which wouldn't be an issue based on that sensor placement. i'm ok without it l actually kind of like the obx bumper with the integrated fogs
I'm going to call them during the week and find out which sensors it obscures. Maybe it's the ones on the high and lux packages.

OP
OP

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to call them during the week and find out which sensors it obscures. Maybe it's the ones on the high and lux packages.
Please let us know what you find. I’m getting a base, so the only thing I’d really have is a parking sensor. Not too worried about losing that functionality, but I’d still want to know.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please let us know what you find. I’m getting a base, so the only thing I’d really have is a parking sensor. Not too worried about losing that functionality, but I’d still want to know.
i'm pretty sure the base doesn't have the front parking sensors- i think that comes on the high package but i could be wrong- i believe all trims come with copilot 360 which includes automatic braking which probably uses a sensor on the lower part of the front of the vehicle which may very well be obscured by this particular bar

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm pretty sure the base doesn't have the front parking sensors- i think that comes on the high package but i could be wrong- i believe all trims come with copilot 360 which includes automatic braking which probably uses a sensor on the lower part of the front of the vehicle which may very well be obscured by this particular bar
When I called they said it would obscure the parking sensor, but he wasn't sure about the Copilot 360, bliss, or collision avoidance. I don't know if that is housed in the radar on the mirror area or the box in the front beneath the grill.

I have the mid package, so I don't have the front parking sensors, but I do have the other features.

Here is a picture from their website. I am pretty sure it will obstruct part of these systems based on the installation guide pictures.
Ford Bronco Rough Country Nudge Bar fit 2022? 1637674189665

Bbaliatico

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone know what’s up with the rough country nudge bar fitting the 2022 bronco? On the rough country website, it says it doesn’t fit 2022, and on the stage 3 motor sports site, it says that same bar does in fact fit 2022. Wife is trying to get it for me for Christmas.

thougts?
Fits my 22 base with stock bumper. Took about 30 min to install.

Attachments

OP
OP

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fits my 22 base with stock bumper. Took about 30 min to install.
Thanks for the reply. Your bronco is looking good. I ended up getting the nudge bar a few months back; it's been sitting in my garage awaiting my vehicle. Looking forward to getting it hooked up once my car arrives.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
anyone with this nudge bar notice any interference with the distance sensor/automatic emergency braking?
Sponsored