Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL, I’m the little train that could.

Reason I ask, I want to be able to remove it if I end up wanting to change things up and not have a hacked up bumper to deal with.
You are good. Behind the tow hook/loops (whatever their called) is a piece of plastic you slide off. The bracket for the nudge bar attaches to the mounts for the tow hook/loop, so you have to remove that piece of plastic. No big deal. Just opens up a 3" by 2" square on each side of the plastic skid plate.
Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I really need to see it on a mod bumper, don't know if it will cover up the recovery points or not. Guess I'll email them and see. Dang it!

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL, I’m the little train that could.

Reason I ask, I want to be able to remove it if I end up wanting to change things up and not have a hacked up bumper to deal with.
Just to give you a better look, I took some closer pics for you.

20220114_173228.jpg

20220114_173244.jpg

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks really nice! I wonder if it will fit on a Capable Bumper? Need to do some investigating...

Update: went to the site and some of the statements are not encouraging, specifically the "may interfere with sensors" and "requires minor cutting/drilling".

Since I don't know when I will ever see my Bronco, I can wait and hope they update this to be a straight "bolt on" or another vendor makes something similar that is also just a straight "bolt on"

Ford Bronco Rough Country nudge bar installed 1642211632778

Sponsored
OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks really nice! I wonder if it will fit on a Capable Bumper? Need to do some investigating...

Update: went to the site and some of the statements are not encouraging, specifically the "may interfere with sensors" and "requires minor cutting/drilling".

Since I don't know when I will ever see my Bronco, I can wait and hope they update this to be a straight "bolt on" or another vendor makes something similar that is also just a straight "bolt on"

I didn't have to cut anything. It really just bolted right on. I don't know what sensors it could mess with? But I have a Base/Sqautch. Maybe Rough Country is just covering their butts with a broad liability statement.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't have to cut anything. It really just bolted right on. I don't know what sensors it could mess with? But I have a Base/Sqautch. Maybe Rough Country is just covering their butts with a broad liability statement.
There’s two sensors up front that the bar runs over. I’d think you could test it by pulling up to obstacle and see if you get beep warnings. Interested to hear what you find out.

DalTXBtonco

Big Bend
First Name
Raleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jaguar XFR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks awesome! About to order. Haven't got my bronco yet but already have about two days of work ahead with the stuff I've already got for it. Ha

CentralFLBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rough Country busted out a nudge bar for the OEM standard Bronco front bumper. Pics on their website looked really good, so I dropped the cash and ordered it.

You can order it with Rough Country pod lights or a light bar, but I ordered my own pod lights. They are Nilights off of Amazon. Super cheap and I have had really good luck with them. I do open them up and seal them with silicone though. If you're willing to do a little extra work, Nilights last a long time. The fog lights I installed in the bumper are also Nilights.

I do have the auxiliary switches, so wiring is super simple. The switches already have a relay and fuse, so pick your switch and wire it up to the right color wire in the harness under the hood. Easy peasy.

I think it looks great! Install for the nudge bar says 2 hours to button it up, but it took maybe 1 hour. Installing and wiring up the lights took longer than installing the nudge bar. The whole set up cost me $300.

Damn that looks good! I might have have to do that to my big bend when it comes in next month. I also got the standard bumper and wanted to add a little something to it. This looks pretty aggressive without dumping twice as much $$$ into it.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Super easy, no trimming and bolts right on. 15 mm socket and a 17 mm socket. Took me maybe 45 minutes. You got this.
Looks great. I wonder if this will work with the new capable bumper for MY22

Sponsored
OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s two sensors up front that the bar runs over. I’d think you could test it by pulling up to obstacle and see if you get beep warnings. Interested to hear what you find out.
I have a Base/Sqautch. I don't have sensors in the front bumper. So, maybe for anyone with a different model?

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great. I wonder if this will work with the new capable bumper for MY22
I do know that this is only for the standard front bumper. Rough Country does have bars for the MOD bumper though.

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rough Country busted out a nudge bar for the OEM standard Bronco front bumper. Pics on their website looked really good, so I dropped the cash and ordered it.

You can order it with Rough Country pod lights or a light bar, but I ordered my own pod lights. They are Nilights off of Amazon. Super cheap and I have had really good luck with them. I do open them up and seal them with silicone though. If you're willing to do a little extra work, Nilights last a long time. The fog lights I installed in the bumper are also Nilights.

I do have the auxiliary switches, so wiring is super simple. The switches already have a relay and fuse, so pick your switch and wire it up to the right color wire in the harness under the hood. Easy peasy.

I think it looks great! Install for the nudge bar says 2 hours to button it up, but it took maybe 1 hour. Installing and wiring up the lights took longer than installing the nudge bar. The whole set up cost me $300.

20220114_155721.jpg

20220114_153523.jpg
Love that bar! It looks a hell of a lot better than the stock one though I'm concerned with it blocking the sensor at the front of the car. (Think it's the variable cruse control sensor or something like that.)

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a Base/Sqautch. I don't have sensors in the front bumper. So, maybe for anyone with a different model?
Reviewing where the horizontal bar runs I don’t think this works for 360/Sensors on upper trims. If anyone knows otherwise I’d love to hear.