First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I took a screen shot of what lights I bought off of Amazon. The Nilights in the bumper are flush mount. The piece of plastic on the bumper that I installed them on actually pops off the bumper. Made it really easy to cut the shape out (the lights come with a template to get a perfect fit) and bolt the light to them. I did have to trim a little of the bumper behind it to get them to fit and pop back on.

I also opened those lights up and sealed them with silicone. Take the time and seal them up and they should last. I have had good luck with Nilights after I seal them up on multiple vehicles.

Screenshot_20220114-164240_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220114-164309_Amazon Shopping.jpg
for the bumper lights, what did you wire them to? OEM fog light switch or upfitter aux switches?
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! I especially like the lights you installed to replace the factory fog lights. Much better!

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rough Country busted out a nudge bar for the OEM standard Bronco front bumper. Pics on their website looked really good, so I dropped the cash and ordered it.

You can order it with Rough Country pod lights or a light bar, but I ordered my own pod lights. They are Nilights off of Amazon. Super cheap and I have had really good luck with them. I do open them up and seal them with silicone though. If you're willing to do a little extra work, Nilights last a long time. The fog lights I installed in the bumper are also Nilights.

I do have the auxiliary switches, so wiring is super simple. The switches already have a relay and fuse, so pick your switch and wire it up to the right color wire in the harness under the hood. Easy peasy.

I think it looks great! Install for the nudge bar says 2 hours to button it up, but it took maybe 1 hour. Installing and wiring up the lights took longer than installing the nudge bar. The whole set up cost me $300.

20220114_155721.jpg

20220114_153523.jpg
Sweet! I have the same RC nudge with lights, waiting in my garage for whenever my base arrives. Did you have to do any cuts in bumper to install nudge? Thanks!

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't have to cut anything. It really just bolted right on. I don't know what sensors it could mess with? But I have a Base/Sqautch. Maybe Rough Country is just covering their butts with a broad liability statement.
i'm concerned about the sensors- i believe base doesn't have the sensors but mid package i believe includes copilot 360 with safety sensors like automatic braking and i'm thinking this bar will likely interfere unfortunately- wonder if anyone with mid package or higher has tried it?

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks good. Except this area. Just looks unfinished.

20220114_170032.jpg
This kinda bothers me too. I am hoping I get over it. Would look better if it was closer to the plastic skid plate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
for the bumper lights, what did you wire them to? OEM fog light switch or upfitter aux switches?
I wired them to my factory aux switches. I have a Base/Sqautch and it didn't come with fog lights. The aux switches and pre wiring by Ford makes it super easy to wire up lights. Relays and fuses are already in line. You just pick a ground location and what switch you want to use. Find the corresponding wire to that switch and wire them up.

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
i'm concerned about the sensors- i believe base doesn't have the sensors but mid package i believe includes copilot 360 with safety sensors like automatic braking and i'm thinking this bar will likely interfere unfortunately- wonder if anyone with mid package or higher has tried it?
I posted a pic of a Bad Lands front bumper. The 2 center sensors on the standard bumper on higher trims may get blocked by this nudge bar. It may be ok, but I don't know that. It would be a tight fit.

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sweet! I have the same RC nudge with lights, waiting in my garage for whenever my base arrives. Did you have to do any cuts in bumper to install nudge? Thanks!
Didn't have to cut a thing. Bolted right on. Instructions say 2 hours to install, but it took less than an hour. Super easy! Welcome to Base Camp! I know everyone says this, but the Bronco was definitely worth the wait.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I got the mod bumper and it doesn't have the insert. I wonder if I can fab up some instead of buying brackets.
Someone on the forum did a really easy mount for the pod lights he used on his mod bumper fog lights. I can't find it in the search though.
I'll see what I can come up with, thanks.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diy-budget-bumper-pocket-light-setup.32142/

Sponsored

hollyw00d

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man this looks great. Thanks for sharing the pictures/details. Would do this in a heartbeat if I didn't have sensors to deal with...

StalePrinceOfBelAir

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably a dumb question; but I'll ask it anyway. I saw this nudge bar wouldn't work with the BL bumper due to the sensors. Would this work with a Black Diamond with mid package though? I know BL and BD both have the same bumper; but would the sensors differ based on the package?

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably a dumb question; but I'll ask it anyway. I saw this nudge bar wouldn't work with the BL bumper due to the sensors. Would this work with a Black Diamond with mid package though? I know BL and BD both have the same bumper; but would the sensors differ based on the package?
Not a dumb question at all. Here is what I found. I took a screen shot of a Bad Lands standard front bumper. I marked the sensors with red dots. It looks like the nudge bar will block those 2 sensors in the middle of the bumper. I have a Base/Squatch so I don't have those. This may work, but I don't know that. I don't want to give you hope, then after you install it you have sensor problems.

Screenshot_20220115-172302_Samsung Internet.jpg

StalePrinceOfBelAir

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a dumb question at all. Here is what I found. I took a screen shot of a Bad Lands standard front bumper. I marked the sensors with red dots. It looks like the nudge bar will block those 2 sensors in the middle of the bumper. I have a Base/Squatch so I don't have those. This may work, but I don't know that. I don't want to give you hope, then after you install it you have sensor problems.

Screenshot_20220115-172302_Samsung Internet.jpg
Thanks for the reply! I'm wondering if the sensors would be the same on a mid package Black Diamond vs. a high/lux package BLs. Meaning if the vehicle doesn't have adaptive cruise control, would the sensors be located in different spots? I just want to find some kind of a bar option for my BD! Lol

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if you can install both the Rough Country nudge bar AND their tow hook brackets?

Looks like you can use any combination of the bull bar, tow hook brackets, and winch Mount.

This is from the installations for the RC winch mount:

Ford Bronco Rough Country nudge bar installed nudge (2)
Sponsored