First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like you can use any combination of the bull bar, tow hook brackets, and winch Mount.

This is from the installations for the RC winch mount:

nudge (2).png
I wonder if that small gap in the side profile photo is to accommodate the winch mount and skid plate. That would be ideal since I would probably do that as well if I went with this option.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if that small gap in the side profile photo is to accommodate the winch mount and skid plate. That would be ideal since I would probably do that as well if I went with this option.
Agreed! I did see on the Rough Country website that the hidden winch will not fit a 2.7 though. Just a heads up, incase that's the motor you got. I am sure other companies will have options at some point.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed! I did see on the Rough Country website that the hidden winch will not fit a 2.7 though. Just a heads up, incase that's the motor you got. I am sure other companies will have options at some point.
I have the 2.3 L. Still on the fence between a few options, but leaning that way.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it would actually make it worse, the winch mount skid plate is narrower than the factory plastic cover and the nudge bar mounts outside of the tow hook brackets:

Ford Bronco Rough Country nudge bar installed img_7701

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it would actually make it worse, the winch mount skid plate is narrower than the factory plastic cover and the nudge bar mounts outside of the tow hook brackets:

Wish someone had both so we could see in reality and not product photos.

Sponsored

RJames

Base
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order, 4x4 HD 2500 Dodge Ram , Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be looking to install the RC Skid plate/winch, push bar and tow hooks. No issues on my base with sensors that I do not have. Doubt the push bar gets used much but I have found it very useful to have on other vehicles.

Had a young bull get upset with me and my jeep last week. I still have a radiator because of the bar. No auxiliary lights anymore but the bar is still there and everything else ( radiator/engine ) is working.

He has some healing to do but then it is off to the butcher for him. Fortunately he is the only one I have ever had that has ever done anything like that.

The vehicles I have had with winchs have come in very handy and this RC set up looks like it will work real well.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would love a review from a lux owner to see if it messes with adaptive cruise control/360/parking sensors

Bulldog33

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rough Country busted out a nudge bar for the OEM standard Bronco front bumper. Pics on their website looked really good, so I dropped the cash and ordered it.

You can order it with Rough Country pod lights or a light bar, but I ordered my own pod lights. They are Nilights off of Amazon. Super cheap and I have had really good luck with them. I do open them up and seal them with silicone though. If you're willing to do a little extra work, Nilights last a long time. The fog lights I installed in the bumper are also Nilights.

I do have the auxiliary switches, so wiring is super simple. The switches already have a relay and fuse, so pick your switch and wire it up to the right color wire in the harness under the hood. Easy peasy.

I think it looks great! Install for the nudge bar says 2 hours to button it up, but it took maybe 1 hour. Installing and wiring up the lights took longer than installing the nudge bar. The whole set up cost me $300.

Does it impact the sensors or front camera?

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
20220114_153523.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I bought the RC Bump Guard a while back along with 4 diode dynamics lights for the guard. I really like the look of the fogs in the bumper.
I was looking at a set of Diode Dynamics 2” ss flush mounted lights.
They are DOT approved fog. I haven’t ordered yet because I wasn’t sure they would fit. What dimensions are those Nilites?
I followed the link but couldn’t find the light dimensions.
No Bronco yet!
Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does it impact the sensors or front camera?
I don't know mine is a Base/Sqautch. I don't have sensors in the front bumper. But I did post a pic earlier in the thread of a Bad Lands. I marked the sensors in the bumper in red. It looks like it may block the center 2 sensors.

Sponsored

Bulldog33

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know mine is a Base/Sqautch. I don't have sensors in the front bumper. But I did post a pic earlier in the thread of a Bad Lands. I marked the sensors in the bumper in red. It looks like it may block the center 2 sensors.
Thanks!

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is the pic. It looks like it may block the 2 center sensors. But I can't confirm that. At a lower angle, it may look like it will work. I just don't want to give you bad info and you buy the bar and it screws up your sensors.

Screenshot_20220115-172302_Samsung Internet.jpg

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking at that it would almost certainly block both the parking sensors and the ACC/e-stop one as well, that's a shame. I got a little excited about this since I'll need something for the push gates in Uvalde and the price was right, but that's a big hit to functionality and safety.

OP
OP
bishop0577

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking at that it would almost certainly block both the parking sensors and the ACC/e-stop one as well, that's a shame. I got a little excited about this since I'll need something for the push gates in Uvalde and the price was right, but that's a big hit to functionality and safety.
If Rough Country had made it an inch and a half or 2 taller, it would have been tall enough to not mess with the sensors in the bumper. It also would have lined up closer to the "Bronco" in the grill. But it would block the forward camera at the point. I am sure someone will bust one out that is a good fit for your trim level soon.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Rough Country had made it an inch and a half or 2 taller, it would have been tall enough to not mess with the sensors in the bumper. It also would have lined up closer to the "Bronco" in the grill. But it would block the forward camera at the point. I am sure someone will bust one out that is a good fit for your trim level soon.
One would hope so, I certainly think there's a market for it.

I probably should have ponied up (ha) for the modular bumper, but really all I need metal up front for is those push gates, I could probably dust off the crackerbox welder in the garage and make a stub 'bumper' out of two plates and a length of pipe below the level of the sensors using those same mounting holes. Probably look like hell but would be easy on-off when not headed that way.
Sponsored