Sponsored

Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed?

OP
OP

Mjmcknight0

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ended up using two switches. Switch one (30 amp) for the white LED. And switch 3 for the drl. The total amps for 6 lights was 18 amps so if you want them all on one you have to use switch 1 and I’m ok with it. Switch 2 should be plenty for most light bars that’s my plan for switch 2.
here's where in confused... there's 3 wires in each of the harnesses, (a ground, and one each for the DRL and other light) obviously the 6 grounds you can run together, what did you do with the 12 remaining wires? hooked them all up to switch 1?
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
here's where in confused... there's 3 wires in each of the harnesses, (a ground, and one each for the DRL and other light) obviously the 6 grounds you can run together, what did you do with the 12 remaining wires? hooked them all up to switch 1?
I tied all blue wires together to switch one those are the white LED. All white wires together to switch 3 those are the amber drl.

E4B6F51B-1010-49F4-83A8-33B41C45917A.jpeg

OP
OP

Mjmcknight0

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I tied all blue wires together to switch one those are the white LED. All white wires together to switch 3 those are the amber drl.

E4B6F51B-1010-49F4-83A8-33B41C45917A.jpeg
perfect! thank you! are there 4 or 6 white wires?

Last edited:

Sponsored

deanosf

Badlands
First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cmcbronco rocks. Made this so much easier. Thank you! For those wondering I did switch two for white and three amber and it is works perfectly. I actually thought getting the wire runs safely throughout the engine compartment was the tricky part. I ran the passenger side up and behind the radiator and zip tied to the other wiring harness which sits on a cross beam. I ran both sets under the battery to the wiring connections. I love the overall look of the finished product and can't be happier with the rc lights.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will these lights with from the amber DRL to a white fog? on two different switches? Love the setup and thanks for the write up.

Sponsored

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wish these had better instructions! But all the info here was super helpful and I'm very happy with these!
Something that hasn't been mentioned here, it matters which way the 3 (each side) U brackets face when first attaching the lights on each side. They all need to be seated forward (I believe this was straight edge of bracket toward back) so they don't look too deep within the bumper.

Ford Bronco Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed? PXL_20220611_142456237

Ford Bronco Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed? PXL_20220611_162320057.MP

Ford Bronco Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed? PXL_20220611_221453416

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish these had better instructions! But all the info here was super helpful and I'm very happy with these!
Something that hasn't been mentioned here, it matters which way the 3 (each side) U brackets face when first attaching the lights on each side. They all need to be seated forward (I believe this was straight edge of bracket toward back) so they don't look too deep within the bumper.

Ford Bronco Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed? PXL_20220611_221453416

Looking at these lights. Did you get the amber DRL? and do they switch from white to amber? And di you use two different aux switches?

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at these lights. Did you get the amber DRL? and do they switch from white to amber? And di you use two different aux switches?
Yes, that is correct. I wired white to aux 1 (yellow wire) and amber to aux 3 (purple/green wire) as suggested in this thread. Although a few posts above says aux 2 works for the whites as well, I was concerned about the power draw.

So I just ride around with the ambers on aux 3 on. When I turn my car off, they turn off. And at night when I need more light I flip aux 1 (and then I turn aux 3 off although technically they can both be on together but the bright white washes out the amber). Haven't taken them on any trails yet but they spread quality light very effectively. And they say off-road use only but I haven't had anyone flash their lights at me yet suggesting that they are too bright for oncoming traffic (I did try to aim them down a bit)

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, that is correct. I wired white to aux 1 (yellow wire) and amber to aux 3 (purple/green wire) as suggested in this thread. Although a few posts above says aux 2 works for the whites as well, I was concerned about the power draw.

So I just ride around with the ambers on aux 3 on. When I turn my car off, they turn off. And at night when I need more light I flip aux 1 (and then I turn aux 3 off although technically they can both be on together but the bright white washes out the amber). Haven't taken them on any trails yet but they spread quality light very effectively. And they say off-road use only but I haven't had anyone flash their lights at me yet suggesting that they are too bright for oncoming traffic (I did try to aim them down a bit)
Awesome. thank you. definitely clarify. Appreciate it.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got my Rough County fog lights installed yesterday. I had a hell of a time getting the lights mounted and lined up. But, after all the wiring and refitting, it was well worth it. I think they go well with the BRONCO grill letters and the standard headlights. Very happy I did not have to spend $1000+ for lights.

I've got my amber DRL hooked up to aux 4 and the white LEDs to aux 5. Shoutout to @cmcbronco for the detailed instructions, as the instructions that come with the lights are not helpful.

Ford Bronco Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed? IMG_0749.JPG
Sponsored