Sponsored

Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed?

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking great! I just had the hidden winch installed a few weeks ago. Im going to install some performance rigid’s today. This post has me sold on their fog lights.

How long did it take?

Did you install the hidden winch yourself as well or had it installed? If so how much was it to install?
Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you install the hidden winch yourself as well or had it installed? If so how much was it to install?
It was a 3 hour install by a place called Custom Trucks where I live. It was about $390 total for those hours. I have no vehicle mechanic skills at all. I am going to install the rigid lights this week. That I can handle.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO, these lights are a huge waste when Diode Dynamics has the SS6 kits go on sale for about the same price.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got my Rough County fog lights installed yesterday. I had a hell of a time getting the lights mounted and lined up. But, after all the wiring and refitting, it was well worth it. I think they go well with the BRONCO grill letters and the standard headlights. Very happy I did not have to spend $1000+ for lights.

I've got my amber DRL hooked up to aux 4 and the white LEDs to aux 5. Shoutout to @cmcbronco for the detailed instructions, as the instructions that come with the lights are not helpful.

IMG_0749.JPG
Very nice! Sweet Bronco! Looks like you have a hidden winch as well (is it the Rough Country Hidden Winch?) did you self install or paid a vendor to install? If so how much?

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very nice! Sweet Bronco! Looks like you have a hidden winch as well (is it the Rough Country Hidden Winch?) did you self install or paid a vendor to install? If so how much?
Appreciate it! Yes, I have the Rough Country Hidden Winch mount and used the Apex Badlands 12,000lb winch from Harbor Freight. I installed it all myself. @NorthShoreBronco has a Youtube video to follow that helps out tremendously (and provides a few good laughs too)

I got tired of getting STUCK! - Installing Hidden Winch on my Ford Bronco - YouTube

If you've got all the proper tools to do the job and feel comfortable installing it, save the money and do it yourself.

Sponsored

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMO, these lights are a huge waste when Diode Dynamics has the SS6 kits go on sale for about the same price.
With plenty of people comparison shopping, I'm sure there are members that would want to hear more of your opinion! My decision has already been made, but even I'm curious for a link and some more info.

This set checked a lot of boxes for me in terms of cost, illumination, function (amber + white), style, etc.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With plenty of people comparison shopping, I'm sure there are members that would want to hear more of your opinion! My decision has already been made, but even I'm curious for a link and some more info.

This set checked a lot of boxes for me in terms of cost, illumination, function (amber + white), style, etc.
They are a totally different look, one single light bar instead of 3 pod lights per side. It depends on what you like.

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are a totally different look, one single light bar instead of 3 pod lights per side. It depends on what you like.
Oh yeah, I've seen those. I prefer this lego block look 😛
But things change and maybe I'll switch it up someday

865Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB Badsquatch, Land Rover LR3, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish these had better instructions! But all the info here was super helpful and I'm very happy with these!
Something that hasn't been mentioned here, it matters which way the 3 (each side) U brackets face when first attaching the lights on each side. They all need to be seated forward (I believe this was straight edge of bracket toward back) so they don't look too deep within the bumper.

PXL_20220611_142456237.jpg

PXL_20220611_162320057.MP.jpg

PXL_20220611_221453416.jpg
Yeah, I had all the lights bolted up to the brackets and then realized you have to pay attention to which way the brackets face. Wish I’d seen this post before🤓 I think they look pretty dang good. Plan on wiring them up today

147EC916-6706-45F2-A564-586E51038C2D.jpeg

865Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB Badsquatch, Land Rover LR3, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I had all the lights bolted up to the brackets and then realized you have to pay attention to which way the brackets face. Wish I’d seen this post before🤓 I think they look pretty dang good. Plan on wiring them up today

Ford Bronco Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed? 147EC916-6706-45F2-A564-586E51038C2D
Finally ran the wires today. I’ve never had anything like these pre wired aux switches, made it crazy simple

107EA9BE-0F9A-47CC-B012-05C768C7307C.jpeg

Sponsored

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finally ran the wires today. I’ve never had anything like these pre wired aux switches, made it crazy simple

Ford Bronco Rough Country pocket lights - anyone installed? 107EA9BE-0F9A-47CC-B012-05C768C7307C
I know right?
We went to dinner tonight and my kids asked to turn on the disco lighting (upfitter) switch. So I got to thinking it would actually be pretty easy to run something with a small control box along the inside roofline and wire it to an aux switch. Would just have to take it out before taking off the hardtop 🤔

snick2301

Outer Banks
First Name
Niki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the factory fog light button and wiring. Could the ambers be ran to that button instead of using another uplifter??

LittleMule#1

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WILDTRAK, 2019 Expedition MAX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone tried hooking these up to the Factory Fog switch????

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had these installed a few months ago. I did the outer 2 lights on aux switch 5 (flood beam) and the center light is a narrow beam on aux switch 6. I run the center ones as fog lights on the road and the others on back roads with out traffic. I love how they work on dark foggy nights.

20220526_191758.jpg

andrewonice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone install these without the factory AUX switches? What does the switch look like? I assume there's two settings, one for the DRL and one for the fog lights? Trying to debate between these and the Oracle fog lights. I do like the added DRL function these ones have.
Sponsored