Gulfpirate101

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-350, 2022 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If anyone has been wondering if the Rough Country SR2 Rails will work on a 2 door…just chop off 14.5” from the extrusion and only use 4 out of the 6 brackets.

Took the rails to a local commercial glass company and they clean cut them for me and touched up the powder coating.

Does a nice job of cleaning up the rocker and hiding the pinch weld. Cheers!
Ford Bronco Rough Country SR2 Aluminum Rails modified for 2 door 754E30F5-E2D8-48FD-A6CE-91F8726FF552
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had these for my two door for about 3 weeks now. Extreme terrain forgot my hardware and they are having a hard time locating some for me… really want to get them on too lol. Looks good tho thanks for the post!

OP
OP

Gulfpirate101

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve had these for my two door for about 3 weeks now. Extreme terrain forgot my hardware and they are having a hard time locating some for me… really want to get them on too lol. Looks good tho thanks for the post!
Hardware came in a different box shipped separately. Find you a place to cut them while you wait. 14.5” off does the trick.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hardware came in a different box shipped separately. Find you a place to cut them while you wait. 14.5” off does the trick.
Great thanks for the tip. I was thinking about doing it myself but maybe I’ll take it to my welder. Doesn’t seem too hard to cut though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gulfpirate101

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great thanks for the tip. I was thinking about doing it myself but maybe I’ll take it to my welder. Doesn’t seem too hard to cut though.
Just make sure you cut with a high speed mitre saw with a specialty blade designed for cutting extruded aluminum. Otherwise it will burr up all to hell and you’ll never get the hardware in the channel. The glass shop I took it to did it for me for free! The cut was flawless and they even touched up the powder coating.

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Frontier, 2008 Focus, 2008 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice and good to know. I emailed Rough Country this same question last year. Their response was "No, the brackets will not fit they are different than the 4 door"
Nice work!

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally got my hardware today. Word of advice DO NOT order anything from extreme terrain. They have the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Basically refused to send me the hardware they failed to ship initially. I will never purchase from them again. After a month of contacting them multiple times i gave up but I did issue a dispute with my credit card company since they failed to deliver the product as advertised. I ended up contacting rough country and they were very helpful and sent me the hardware. Received it in two days.

I bought a cheap $6 metal cutting blade from the hardware store for my miter saw and chopped off 14.5 inches as you recommended. By the time I was done the blade was shot but it worked out fine. They look great!

C4F16B9B-5963-4D86-92D2-D550708EEFAE.jpeg

Last edited:

Danimal916

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally got my hardware today. Word of advice DO NOT order anything from extreme terrain. They have the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Basically refused to send me the hardware they failed to ship initially. I will never purchase from them again. After a month of contacting them multiple times i gave up but I did issue a dispute with my credit card company since they failed to deliver the product as advertised. I ended up contacting rough country and they were very helpful and sent me the hardware. Received it in two days.

I bought a cheap $6 metal cutting blade from the hardware store for my miter saw and chopped off 14.5 inches as you recommended. By the time I was done the blade was shot but it worked out fine. They look great!

Ford Bronco Rough Country SR2 Aluminum Rails modified for 2 door IMG_20220316_174943798_HDR~2
How far past the doors do the sr2 rail stick out? Love the color. My carbonized gray 4-door will be here in a few weeks. Can’t wait.

Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
How far past the doors do the sr2 rail stick out? Love the color. My carbonized gray 4-door will be here in a few weeks. Can’t wait.
Since you have to cut them for the two door you can Make them land wherever you’d like. But they kind of go with the curve of the wheel well.

Danimal916

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Rough Country SR2 Aluminum Rails modified for 2 door IMG_20220316_174943798_HDR~2
Width wise do they stick out past the doors for door ding protection?