Sponsored

Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon)

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm happy more items such as this are starting to roll out.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there is some question from some on the quality of their parts, but the ideas and designs look good (at least in theory). IMO, that bumper has good lines...the wide and the narrow version! I really hope they come up with 2.7 oil cooler relocation option for that skid plate/winch location kit.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you, Finally a mount for the Mod bumper.
Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) 1642566087292

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Like it except for their chintzy light bar. I wish it didn't have it or the spot to moun t a light, it just would be cleaner... Sweet that it accommodates ACC and the parking sensors. A camera relocate from JCR and you are done. JCR welds look cleaner though... Be interesting to see the price difference

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many on here are simply snooty and believe RC to make trash parts… that’s more anecdotal than factual. This is simply a hunk of metal that mounts to the same points as any other plate will do. This should be fine - and hopefully not cost $700 like that other companies does…

anything over like $300 is too much for a super simple design of basic metal.

source; currently buy millions of dollars of steel and aluminum for a large distributor…

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Rough Country hidden winch mount on my F-150 It was well designed and solidly built. I don’t understand all of the blanket negativity.

MikeFS

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! Glad it potentially clears the ACC sensor and interested to see this paired with the JCR camera relocation.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh. Nope. Blends in? You seeing what I’m seeing?

Wonder if that takes Hidden Winch off the table for modular bumper…

Last edited:

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely interested!

I was planning on getting the ADD Rock Fighter Winch Bumper at some point until I saw the latest Lite Brite Nation video: STOCK BRONCO vs STOCK JEEP - Off Road Comparison! - YouTube. The guy they were running with had issues with approach angle, it sticks out a little too far.

This solution tucks the winch up and tighter to the grill. Should be better on approach than the similar JCR solution and without relocating the ACC sensor (I hope).

I really wish Ford would have made the MOD bumper a little more modular. If the top center of the bumper was removable the winch and mount could tuck a little lower and tight against the grill and still be above the ACC sensor. It would be a better solution all around.

Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) 1642595054621

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh. Nope. Blends in? You seeing what I’m seeing?

Wonder if that takes Hidden Winch off the table for modular bumper…
Someone took RC's current hidden winch solution and modified it to work with a mod bumper. It worked fairly well, there was a small gap between the bumper and skid plate but it wasn't something that couldn't be fixed.

The catch is that it only works with a 2.3. A hidden winch solution is a lot more of an issue with the 2.7 as there is a heat exchanger mounted right between the frame rails where the winch would mount. I'm not saying it couldn't be moved, but it's going to be a lot more involved to do so.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like it except for their chintzy light bar. I wish it didn't have it or the spot to moun t a light, it just would be cleaner... Sweet that it accommodates ACC and the parking sensors. A camera relocate from JCR and you are done. JCR welds look cleaner though... Be interesting to see the price difference
Hopefully the lights are removable.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like a whole new level of camera blocking! I have asked JCR about a 2" receiver "winch mount". That may be the ticket for some of us. None of the existing add on mounts are speaking to me yet. The 2.7 and front camera make my choices a bit harder.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a Rough Country hidden winch mount on my F-150 It was well designed and solidly built. I don’t understand all of the blanket negativity.
In my experience, and I mean this seriously, the families I knew that grew up with inordinate amounts of wealth, and then continued to have serious cash flow as adults, were ALWAYS the ones to shit on brands that cost less money. Regardless of what it was or the actual form and function of the product in question.

People simply like spending money.

Fun story - you know Grey Goose Vodka? Yeah, was not always a premium spirit. In fact it was a cheap vodka that was floundering horribly, right before the company was about to go under the CEO had the price TRIPLED and changed nothing about the vodka. Sales increased and it became a staple of the premium vodka world.

Perceived value.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many on here are simply snooty and believe RC to make trash parts… that’s more anecdotal than factual. This is simply a hunk of metal that mounts to the same points as any other plate will do. This should be fine - and hopefully not cost $700 like that other companies does…

anything over like $300 is too much for a super simple design of basic metal.

source; currently buy millions of dollars of steel and aluminum for a large distributor…
Well I'm guessing you haven't been wheeling since you were a young teen. RC was popular when I was 16-20 and I've personally seen and used plenty of it. We used it because that's all we could afford. The powder coating was cheap and faded and rusted quickly. The steel was thin and welds sloppy and cold. They are cheap offshore products. R&D, materials, laser CNC, good fabricators, etc. All these cost money. The mount is around 60lbs, it's not inconsequential. After seeing their quality in the past, why would I put it on a $50-60k truck to save $300? And of all the things, a winch mount that can have 20-24000lbs on it that could go really badly if it fails. That's a no from me. Gonna have to convince me that they aren't still just cheap off shore gear.
Sponsored