Sponsored

Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon)

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last edited:

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is arriving on Saturday so I'm anticipating installing it that evening and on Sunday. Picking up my winch from 4WP tomorrow.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is actually a nice execution (y). Keeps good approach angles and keeps the winch tucked in high & tight. I'll keep an eye on this one if I ever have the notion to install a winch :cool:

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh 4WP messed up the shipment of my winch, so now its arriving next week :cautious:

Sponsored

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered! $200ish is in line with what I was hoping, glad I waited.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If they could relocate the camera it'd be a winner all around.
If your not afraid of using a drill the camera relocate isn’t a huge deal. Finding a small bull bar or hoop that looks good with it will be my mission. I got mine today but missing the sensor relocate retainers and I’m waiting on the Lod frame reinforcements. No clue when they will show up.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your not afraid of using a drill the camera relocate isn’t a huge deal. Finding a small bull bar or hoop that looks good with it will be my mission. I got mine today but missing the sensor relocate retainers and I’m waiting on the Lod frame reinforcements. No clue when they will show up.
Same, they were missing on mine too. I have a 2nd package coming from RC that says "BUMPER SENSOR MOUNTING KIT (QTY 4)" so hopefully that is the missing bits. I'm also waiting on the LOD reinforcements as well as the JCR Pre-runner bar, I think both of those had big lead times.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same, they were missing on mine too. I have a 2nd package coming from RC that says "BUMPER SENSOR MOUNTING KIT (QTY 4)" so hopefully that is the missing bits. I'm also waiting on the LOD reinforcements as well as the JCR Pre-runner bar, I think both of those had big lead times.
Mine says qty 4 as well even tho the gentleman I spoke with confirmed I only needed two. 🤷‍♂️
have you got any shipping notice from LOD? I also see LOD says they come bare metal or powder coated but I seen no option to select coated. I’ll be interested in pictures of what the bar looks like. I like the tucked in look of my wife’s bar in the ford winch setup. So I’ll be looking for a shorter bar to simulate that. I’m not sure if your hands are massive or not but I can reach in the bumper and unhook the sensors without unbolting the entire bumper. In fact I had them out and was going to mock everything up until I found out I was missing stuff.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it have to come with that cheapo light bar?

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine says qty 4 as well even tho the gentleman I spoke with confirmed I only needed two. 🤷‍♂️
have you got any shipping notice from LOD? I also see LOD says they come bare metal or powder coated but I seen no option to select coated. I’ll be interested in pictures of what the bar looks like. I like the tucked in look of my wife’s bar in the ford winch setup. So I’ll be looking for a shorter bar to simulate that. I’m not sure if your hands are massive or not but I can reach in the bumper and unhook the sensors without unbolting the entire bumper. In fact I had them out and was going to mock everything up until I found out I was missing stuff.
I don't have any shipping info from LOD. I picked up a 20" light bar from amazon that had good reviews, I gotta run to the hardware store to get long enough bolts to mount it up though. Thats good to know its possible to reach the sensors without taking the bumper off.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered!
Like it so much better without the lights. The cover plate is a huge improvement.

Does it have to come with that cheapo light bar?
No. It's an unnecessary $150-160 add-on to the $209 for the mount only.

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered! Like it so much better without the lights.
If I had the badlands grill I could see running the block off plate. It just doesn’t match with my OBX grill. Plus I can’t warm up to the three pod lights everyone is doing. So at least this way I have some extra light. Not that I plan on much wheeling after dark but things happen between ditch lights and this 20” led bar and my headlights we ought to be able to recover someone stuck in the dark or maybe see to not get stuck in the first place.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had the badlands grill I could see running the block off plate. It just doesn’t match with my OBX grill. Plus I can’t warm up to the three pod lights everyone is doing. So at least this way I have some extra light. Not that I plan on much wheeling after dark but things happen between ditch lights and this 20” led bar and my headlights we ought to be able to recover someone stuck in the dark or maybe see to not get stuck in the first place.
I think Oracle's triple fogs are 🔥.
The 4" Auxbeams I picked have high & low beams... and I think they match the headlights well.
I'm totally fine without the light bar.
I am just hoping that by remote mounting the solenoid on the low-profile Badland Apex 12k that the camera may still be mostly functional (... and not block the BRONCO letters!)
🤞🤞🤞

20220602_143853.jpg
20220601_211500.jpg

20220608_185804.jpg

20220610_202259.jpg

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Oracle's triple fogs are 🔥.
The 4" Auxbeams I picked have high & low beams... and I think they match the headlights well.
I'm totally fine without the light bar.
I am just hoping that by remote mounting the solenoid on the low-profile Badland Apex 12k that the camera may still be mostly functional (... and not block the BRONCO letters!)
🤞🤞🤞

20220602_143853.jpg
20220601_211500.jpg

20220608_185804.jpg

20220610_202259.jpg
Sounds like we are doing the same build lol. I have the apex 12k synthetic line as well. I also plan to relocate the control pac. If you get yours done first I’ll see how yours goes. I haven’t opened the box yet so not sure on the length of wire and how thick the control is once off. I’m heading out of town for a week this afternoon so I know I won’t get to mine until two weeks from now.
Sponsored