Sponsored

Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon)

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m going with a Badlands Apex 12K myself. Are you guys wiring the winch on/off to your AUX switches?
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rust Country.

Go ahead. Learn the hard way. That’s how I did.
I share your concerns. I like the design and price, but have concerns about the maker. Happy to wait for others to try it out and report their results.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I share your concerns. I like the design, but have concerns about the maker. Happy to wait for others to try it out and report their results.
Design-wise, they’re always in the conversation. But the corrosion protection is 3rd rate… at best… on a good day. I have the Jeeps to prove it.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like we are doing the same build lol. I have the apex 12k synthetic line as well. I also plan to relocate the control pac. If you get yours done first I’ll see how yours goes. I haven’t opened the box yet so not sure on the length of wire and how thick the control is once off. I’m heading out of town for a week this afternoon so I know I won’t get to mine until two weeks from now.
The good news - once the control box/solenoid is removed, the winch itself is sleek. Good news for (maybe) not having to relocate the camera. With the parking sensor relocation and no interference with ACC... it could be the perfect option.

The bad news - the solenoid is HUGE. If I remember right, there might be 3' of heavy-gauge extension wires. Will probably have to fab up some custom cabling if I move it way up underneath the hood (the underhood pic by the fuse box is a no-go, the hood doesn't close)... and there is ZERO room to fit something that big easily besides back by the firewall.

I've considered mounting back behind the bumper (above the front bash plate) with some angle iron support rails. It would make getting to the power switch problematic, but it solves more problems than it creates.

Here are some pics from messing around with it. (It's sitting on top of the HF universal plate in the pics.)

20220511_125805.jpg
20220511_125739.jpg
20220511_131127.jpg
20220511_132646.jpg

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The good news - once the control box/solenoid is removed, the winch itself is sleek. Good news for (maybe) not having to relocate the camera. With the parking sensor relocation and no interference with ACC... it could be the perfect option.

The bad news - the solenoid is HUGE. If I remember right, there might be 3' of heavy-gauge extension wires. Will probably have to fab up some custom cabling if I move it way up underneath the hood (the underhood pic by the fuse box is a no-go, the hood doesn't close)... and there is ZERO room to fit something that big easily besides back by the firewall.

I've considered mounting back behind the bumper (above the front bash plate) with some angle iron support rails. It would make getting to the power switch problematic, but it solves more problems than it creates.

Here are some pics from messing around with it. (It's sitting on top of the HF universal plate in the pics.)

Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) 20220511_132646
Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) 20220511_132646
Ooof that is tall wonder what under the plastic if I could slim it down. The other spot I was thinking is where people are mount the arb pump.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ooof that is tall wonder what under the plastic if I could slim it down. The other spot I was thinking is where people are mount the arb pump.
It's aluminum. It could be ground down. You'd save half an inch or so.

Over by the pass side turbo, I wouldn't do that without a heat shield. It would need a custom bracket.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rust Country.

Go ahead. Learn the hard way. That’s how I did.
Worst case, I remove it... shoot it with Raptor liner... put on some grade 8 hardware from TSC. Problem solved. I'm a fan so far.

Small price to pay for a solution that works for a) approach angle, b) ACC, and c) parking sensor relocation.

Hopefully a low-profile Apex 12k (with control box relocated) interferes minimally with the camera. If not a JCR-like relocate kit is an option (looks pretty easy to fab up something like that).

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this is for the Evo but maybe with mods the Badland would fit as well?

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-BRONCO-WARN-EVO-winch-solenoid-relocation-bracket_p_171.html

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is for the Evo but maybe with mods the Badland would fit as well?

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-BRONCO-WARN-EVO-winch-solenoid-relocation-bracket_p_171.html
I like the idea (even though that location is pretty inelegant), but that Evo box looks like it's about 2/3 the size of the Apex box.

When I removed the rear portion of the bash plate to do my first oil change yesterday, I was looking around above the main bash plate. If that location works, the extended power cables that came with it should work.

I think I might be able to leave it switched on there and power it through an upfitter using a separate relay.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added my own cheapo 20" light bar from Amazon. There's a lot of room there for different braands and lots of adjustment. Still waiting on my winch before I install onto the truck.

Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) 20220612_194003

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got the mount but I don't love the winch blocking the bronco lettering so I'm opting for an ironman. It's a lower profile and the control box is made to be relocated. I'll post whenever it shows up

winch-social.jpg

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still have to hook up the control pack and cut the plastic trim down but the high lift mount is on and winch is bolted down
Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) 20220703_204942
. In typical rough country fashion, I had to use a drill bit to widen out the holes in the mount. They were about 1/2" off of being able to line up with the bumper. I do like the look of it though.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still have to hook up the control pack and cut the plastic trim down but the high lift mount is on and winch is bolted down
Ford Bronco Rough Country Winch plate for modular bumper (Coming soon) 20220703_204942
. In typical rough country fashion, I had to use a drill bit to widen out the holes in the mount. They were about 1/2" off of being able to line up with the bumper. I do like the look of it though.
Strange my mount bolted right up but the light I ordered with it was too wide and had to be slightly trimmed.

TN-BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 Jeep CJ7, GMC AT4, GMC Yukon Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey 6G community, just curious if anyone has successfully mounted the JCR camera relocation to the RC winch plate?
Sponsored