Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all I have a 4-door 2.7 Badlands Sasquatch and I am researching winches. I want the winch to be as "hidden" as possible and so far the Rough Country Hidden Winch seems like the best fit. (please feel free to share alternatives)
  • Will it decrease my ground clearance at all?
  • Will it affect my approach angle?
  • Will I need to have the shocks/suspension reconfigured at all to account for the added weight on the front of the vehicle?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious as well for a stock badlands non-squatch 2dr?

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all I have a 4-door 2.7 Badlands Sasquatch and I am researching winches. I want the winch to be as "hidden" as possible and so far the Rough Country Hidden Winch seems like the best fit. (please feel free to share alternatives)
  • Will I need to have the shocks/suspension reconfigured at all to account for the added weight on the front of the vehicle?
Thanks!
I have 2.7 sasquatch and dis the hidden winch.

Ground clearance and approach angle, no not really. Didn't measure before and after but it can't be much if it's anything at all.

I did not adjust any suspension bits and it performs just as before.

There's a long thread out there that has tips on the install.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what I know... (This is from a friend's experience, not my personal experience)
  • The winch does not like being dunked in mud or water - her's shorted out and fried after a day of play in the mud and water (she lost her alternator that day too, nobody is sure if they were related or not).
  • Their solution is going to be to should relocate the control box up under the hood and seal up all the connections at the winch, should help with this issue (RC did warranty her winch and were great about it from what I understand)
  • Reaching free spool is difficult at best with the hidden mount so they are building a rod to connect up so they can turn the free spool from under the hood
  • Recommend a circuit breaker to cut power to the winch when not in use
  • Base Sasquatch - no real clearance issues that I have seen or they have reported, she takes that thing everywhere!

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the RC Hidden mount was a definite no-go with the 2.7 because of the intercooler position?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTrail

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Happytown from their site:

• Requires modification of factory oil cooler coolant lines and relocation of oil cooler components for V6 models.
  • Requires relocation of solenoid box for V6 models with included bracket.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious as well for a stock badlands non-squatch 2dr?
@Hdscreens Check out my build journal. I’ve got the RC Hidden setup, with a custom freespool rod that I machined and welded up. The trick for this is to notch it around the crossmember or simply get a higher end winch with Bluetooth controls/freespool.

In my last post I just swapped to 4DR 2.7 Auto Tow springs and got about 1”-1.5” of lift back out of the nose and the about 1” in the rear. With the added weight of mods, the new springs behave much better on road. Almost as if the shocks aren’t getting as… saturated during cornering and braking.

I’m quite happy with how it’s all coming together.

As far as it goes for @BroncoTrail … you may want to consider some heavier springs, or a perch collar lift to add preload (synthetic spring rate, if you will)

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 75 ScoutII
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm considering the RC hidden mount for my 2.3L Sasquach. I'm wondering if I should just go with one of RC's winches -- are they any good? is there a good reason to modify stuff to use a Warn?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm considering the RC hidden mount for my 2.3L Sasquach. I'm wondering if I should just go with one of RC's winches -- are they any good? is there a good reason to modify stuff to use a Warn?
I had considered the RC winch but I'm leaning towards the HF. Located where it's at the winch will see a lot of water and the HF is better sealed. And the HF just has a better reputation.

As for Warn vs HF, that's an expensive decision.

OP
OP
BroncoTrail

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wound up going with the:
  • JCR Bronco Winch Plate | 6th Gen (2021+) MOD Steel / Capable Bumper
  • JCR Bronco Front Camera Relocation Bracket | 6th Gen (2021+)
  • Warn VR EVO12-S Winch w/ Synthetic Rope

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks!
The hidden winch on the 2.7 is a B$&ch to install. Requiring relocating lines and such to make it fit. Works well on the 2.3. I finally went with their winch mount on the front of the modular bumper.
Sponsored