Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Naive question, but sometimes tires have very rounded sidewalls and sometimes very square or straight sidewalls. I'm not talking about airing down the tire, but generally on-road conditions -

Does anyone know of this is a brand/tire design (I feel like nitto off-road tires look very round) versus tire/wheel combo - maybe a wide tire on a narrower wheel?

Thoughts? Bothers the heck out of me, and I really like flat sidewalls versus balloon-like rounded...

Thanks for any thoughts
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It has a lot to do with the width of your tire and the width of your wheel. If you have a wide tire and put it on a skinny wheel its going to have more bulge.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you plan to use on the road and not off road. Go as flat or straight as you want. I like the rounded look as you say for better off road capability. But, tires are not cheep. You make sure you buy what you will like looking at every time you open the door and see your bronco.

OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It has a lot to do with the width of your tire and the width of your wheel. If you have a wide tire and put it on a skinny wheel its going to have more bulge.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider this with my setup.
Sponsored