First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So today I went to get my Roush tune installed on my 2022 Bronco and I found out that the tune will only work on the 2021 Bronco.

So if anyone is looking to purchase that performance upgrade for their 2022-2023 2.7L Bronco please wait. I called Roush today and they are supposed to get back to me but they weren’t able to give me an ETA of when the tune will be compatible with the 2022 model.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford Performance tune has the same restriction, it's really just an emissions certification process.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Ford Performance tune has the same restriction, it's really just an emissions certification process.
Mine is a 2022 OBX and it was installed by dealer today and is working fine, so it appears anyways.

OP
OP
Donut

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine is a 2022 OBX and it was installed by dealer today and is working fine, so it appears anyways.
So I was doing some reading and the Ford Performance tune will work on the 2022 now. I am torn between being patient with Roush, or trying to return the whole thing and go with the Ford Performance tune.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I was doing some reading and the Ford Performance tune will work on the 2022 now. I am torn between being patient with Roush, or trying to return the whole thing and go with the Ford Performance tune.
Is there a warranty with that as well?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Donut

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
Donut

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice, good to have options. I should have gotten that. More hp/tq and better air intake that I plan to do as well.
I just wished it explicitly said it doesn’t work on the 2022 before I purchased it and waited almost 2 months to receive it haha.

Hopefully Roush gets it working for the 2022 soon.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to Roush it comes with a 3-year/36,000-mile ROUSH limited powertrain warranty. I was also told by a Ford Dealership that if they install it and they are certified it won’t void the manufacture warranty.

https://www.roushperformance.com/pa...2021-bronco-2-7l-performance-pac-level-1.html
I looked on the Roush site you posted the link to and it says everywhere that it's only for the 2021. I'm not sure how you missed that it wouldn't work with the '22's?

OP
OP
Donut

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I looked on the Roush site you posted the link to and it says everywhere that it's only for the 2021. I'm not sure how you missed that it wouldn't work with the '22's?
I bought the kit from a vendor the day it came out and there was no disclaimer at the time and I filtered out the performance parts by the year of my Bronco and it was listed. Luckily, due to the mishap the vendor is willing to give me a full refund.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought the kit from a vendor the day it came out and there was no disclaimer at the time and I filtered out the performance parts by the year of my Bronco and it was listed. Luckily, due to the mishap the vendor is willing to give me a full refund.
Glad you're getting a refund at least. That was bad on whoever the vendor was. They should've had all the details on their page ported over directly from the Roush page.

OP
OP
Donut

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Glad you're getting a refund at least. That was bad on whoever the vendor was. They should've had all the details on their page ported over directly from the Roush page.
Thank you. Me too! Honestly with it being so new and everyone trying to be first to market and keep up with demands, I am not surprised.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Ford Performance cal works on 21-22's at the moment. We're waiting on them to get approval from emissions for the 23's. Once that's done they will be available for all 21-23 owners outside of CA until the calibrations are CARB approved.

GmaninAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Harley Davidson FLHX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Ford Performance cal works on 21-22's at the moment. We're waiting on them to get approval from emissions for the 23's. Once that's done they will be available for all 21-23 owners outside of CA until the calibrations are CARB approved.
Ford and Roush look like two different tunes, no?