First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going to get the Ford package, should I wait for the Roush? Does Ford have an intake to pair with there's?
Roush doesn’t tune the transmission so I’m returning the entire kit and going a different route.

I just bought the Ford Performance tune and the Injen CAI.
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was going to get the Ford package, should I wait for the Roush? Does Ford have an intake to pair with there's?
Ford Performance currently doesn’t have an intake option. However we package their calibration a lot with the Roush, Whipple, Corsa and other intake offerings the bronco. To be totally honest in my opinion though the intakes don’t offer much as far as power goes. Maybe a bit at higher boost levels but nothing to get too excited about. Most of, if not all power gains are from the calibration itself.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions and we’ll be glad to assist you.

OP
OP
Donut

Donut

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Performance currently doesn’t have an intake option. However we package their calibration a lot with the Roush, Whipple, Corsa and other intake offerings the bronco. To be totally honest in my opinion though the intakes don’t offer much as far as power goes. Maybe a bit at higher boost levels but nothing to get too excited about. Most of, if not all power gains are from the calibration itself.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Injen claims that their CAI on the 2.7L increases the HP by 26. What is your thoughts on that?

GmaninAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Harley Davidson FLHX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes. The Ford Performance cal is different from the Roush one.
Do you have any actual HP + TQ dyno charts from a Ford Perf Cal install on a 2.7 comparing completely stock with Ford Performance Cal.?
Any info on when Roush will have theirs available for 2022 2.7?
Thanks

Sponsored

GmaninAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

True that about power gains , mostly more intake noise with CA intakes!

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Injen claims that their CAI on the 2.7L increases the HP by 26. What is your thoughts on that?
Well we’re being sent one from Injen along with some exhaust and charge pipes. So I guess it’s time to do some testing for everyone. 🤟🤟🤟

Machz963

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 C8 Corvette, '22 Sasquatch 2.7tt, '08 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have any actual HP + TQ dyno charts from a Ford Perf Cal install on a 2.7 comparing completely stock with Ford Performance Cal.?
Any info on when Roush will have theirs available for 2022 2.7?
Thanks
This is exactly what’s hard to find. Even max boost pressure would be helpful and comparisons using the same fuel (I.e. stock on premium and tune on premium).

GmaninAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is exactly what’s hard to find. Even max boost pressure would be helpful and comparisons using the same fuel (I.e. stock on premium and tune on premium).
Boost would be nice but somewhat irrelevant to me, I am more interested in comparisons from stock to Ford Perf Cal., no CA intake, no K&N, no exhaust.... and both with premium fuel so more apples to apples. I always run premium unless way out in some rural areas where 87 is only available. I would like to see what honest gains for the $ spent. Roush at least has what looks like actual dyno #s. I am interested in the area under the curve and driveability vs outright max #s.
Someone out there must have this info....
Leathal, how about you? ...You are advertising and selling these

Machz963

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 C8 Corvette, '22 Sasquatch 2.7tt, '08 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boost would be nice but somewhat irrelevant to me, I am more interested in comparisons from stock to Ford Perf Cal., no CA intake, no K&N, no exhaust.... and both with premium fuel so more apples to apples. I always run premium unless way out in some rural areas where 87 is only available. I would like to see what honest gains for the $ spent. Roush at least has what looks like actual dyno #s. I am interested in the area under the curve and driveability vs outright max #s.
Someone out there must have this info....
Leathal, how about you? ...You are advertising and selling these
Crickets from the pros…. I don’t think the gains 93 to 93 are much.

GmaninAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Crickets from the pros…. I don’t think the gains 93 to 93 are much.
My thoughts exactly.... You know they have something somewhere (dyno) showing OEM to Ford Perf tune, with only the tune and no other mods. I know I would if I had a shop with all the means to do it, but you're right, crickets. They want to sell it, but don't come trhrough on the real things that are important, makes me say Hmmmmmm? And I like that that the Ford tune includes tranny shift mods; maybe the Roush will have that when back in stock, which I hope both Ford and Roush are able to continue. I learned a few years ago that Roush actually did the mapping for Ford in their Ford PP for my Mustang 5.0, it was a certificate from Roush. I may have saved the PDF but is probably burried somewhere in my files, or deleted. Because of the recent EPA constrictions/crack downs on aftermarket tuning, I wonder if they will still be available; I hope so.....
Also, how about Injen's claim of +27HP and +41 TQ peak numbers in their dyno chart for only an intake system with OEM tune? And another's claim in their video that their axle back gives +42 HP and +69 TQ under the curve, in their dyno chart, with OEM tune. I'm pulling out my bullshit card....... Salesmen, they're all the same. Pitty the uninformed and those who do not do their research, or just don't know and believe the BS....
Sponsored

Last edited: