First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just installed mine today as well. I guess it looks cool and the filter is a bit larger than stock. But as far as any HP gains or sound improvements, it would be subjective at best. I didn't notice a difference at all. Probably better to just go with the standard filter swap and save a couple hundred bucks.

About to install and exhaust as well. Hopefully the combo livens things up a bit.
If you can, take a video of what the exhaust sounds like and your final thoughts. Wouldn’t mind the setup like you went with but don’t want it “fartin’” around town lol
Sponsored

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you can, take a video of what the exhaust sounds like and your final thoughts. Wouldn’t mind the setup like you went with but don’t want it “fartin’” around town lol
Will do. Just came in today. Went with the Flowmaster American Thunder. Supposed to be fairly reserved but an improvement.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed it today. Went for a test ride and then took a video. The coating on the muffler exterior is still burning off so looks a bit odd right now.

Overall sounds good. Honestly it isn't very loud at all, but the stock exhaust is really quiet so if you just want a little rumble at start up and through the rev band then this is the exhaust for you.

More power? I dunno probably not. I had never driven in sport mode until now, so got to experience that and mashing the gas a bit. Engine felt strong/torquey before and still does with the exhaust and intake.

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Installed it today. Went for a test ride and then took a video. The coating on the muffler exterior is still burning off so looks a bit odd right now.

Overall sounds good. Honestly it isn't very loud at all, but the stock exhaust is really quiet so if you just want a little rumble at start up and through the rev band then this is the exhaust for you.

More power? I dunno probably not. I had never driven in sport mode until now, so got to experience that and mashing the gas a bit. Engine felt strong/torquey before and still does with the exhaust and intake.

I dig it! Not too loud, not too quiet…with my standard trans it would sound good thru the bands. How much was this one?

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nvm I saw it’s about $419? That doesn’t seem bad! 400 cheaper than Roush for same thing prolly.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll wait for Mishimoto, they're making a real system, not just an overpriced lid and kn filter

EG_BRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm seriously leaning towards the roush becuase as far as I can tell K&N doesn't offer the water fording capabilities like the factory intake. Has anyone taken one of these filters offroad?

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are better

I went Volant personally, Im not touching Roush even with your $$$

EG_BRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are better

I went Volant personally, Im not touching Roush even with your $$$
Thanks just looked at it. Does it still have the water fording? (The little flap that allows water to bypass the filter box and fall out.) Also, Which filter type did you pick Powercore, dry, etc. ?

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks just looked at it. Does it still have the water fording? (The little flap that allows water to bypass the filter box and fall out.) Also, Which filter type did you pick Powercore, dry, etc. ?
Went dry and think it does, I think @Mitch Panda Motorworks said it has the flap, why Im tagging him
Sponsored