CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For starters I have a Badlands non Sasquatch on 35 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T. I've had the kit on for about a week and have yet to do any offroading with it. I installed the full kit so 2.25 inch in the front and 1.25 inch in the rear.

First thing you notice when driving the vehicle is the brake dive is very noticeably improved, almost completely eliminated. Next is body roll, my Badlands feels wide and bulky in the lane but it no longer behaves like it. Prior to the perch collar installation I found little confidence in cornering as the body roll made me feel somewhat disconnected from the tires beneath me. I found myself taking turns slower than I normally would because of it. Going slower isn't necessarily a bad thing in these scenarios, as this is a big heavy vehicle, but I now know that the lack of confidence in my ability to maneuver quickly was more a result of sensing the Broncos body roll than what it is actually capable of.

As for ride quality, my 35 inch tires are Class E and I keep them at 39psi. Installing the perch Collars caused very little difference in ride quality. I keep waiting to hit a bump or a stretch of road where the suspension feels harsh, but so far any increase in stiffness has only yielded positive results, and if I ever where to find a scenario where the changes made by the perch collar proves to be less than desirable I have plenty of options to correct it via tires (I'd start first with lowering tire PSI).

To sum it all up I think my Bronco now rides like it should have from the factory. For Badlands non Sasquatch owners I think RPG perch collars along with some 35 inch tires is a great upgrade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wow. So heres my question...in the front with that much of a lift and the length of the shock being the same and the shock mounts in the factory position....what is your available droop? From your ride height, how much will the tire drop down?

OP
OP

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. So heres my question...in the front with that much of a lift and the length of the shock being the same and the shock mounts in the factory position....what is your available droop? From your ride height, how much will the tire drop down?
That's a good question, and I should be able to check by lifting just one side of the vehicle, correct? I'm off of work on Monday I should be able to check it than.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes ...measure first then lift it off the ground (by the frame not A-arm) and remeasure it. For example, I have 4.5" droop and 8" compression available with 2" lift pucks and a few other mods.

OP
OP

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I measured it today and have 3 inches of droop. I think I remember seeing that you had 4.5 inches of droop. I believe the 1.5 inch droop difference between our two rigs is that you are running 1.5 inch top hat spacers. Unfortunately I didn't think to measure droop prior to installing the lift but I think it's correct to say that I didn't lose any droop from installing the perch collars.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For starters I have a Badlands non Sasquatch on 35 inch Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T. I've had the kit on for about a week and have yet to do any offroading with it. I installed the full kit so 2.25 inch in the front and 1.25 inch in the rear.

First thing you notice when driving the vehicle is the brake dive is very noticeably improved, almost completely eliminated. Next is body roll, my Badlands feels wide and bulky in the lane but it no longer behaves like it. Prior to the perch collar installation I found little confidence in cornering as the body roll made me feel somewhat disconnected from the tires beneath me. I found myself taking turns slower than I normally would because of it. Going slower isn't necessarily a bad thing in these scenarios, as this is a big heavy vehicle, but I now know that the lack of confidence in my ability to maneuver quickly was more a result of sensing the Broncos body roll than what it is actually capable of.

As for ride quality, my 35 inch tires are Class E and I keep them at 39psi. Installing the perch Collars caused very little difference in ride quality. I keep waiting to hit a bump or a stretch of road where the suspension feels harsh, but so far any increase in stiffness has only yielded positive results, and if I ever where to find a scenario where the changes made by the perch collar proves to be less than desirable I have plenty of options to correct it via tires (I'd start first with lowering tire PSI).

To sum it all up I think my Bronco now rides like it should have from the factory. For Badlands non Sasquatch owners I think RPG perch collars along with some 35 inch tires is a great upgrade.
Pics or it didn’t happen! I like the sound of it all

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice! I have a 1" RC level on my non sas Badlands. I installed 37's and am looking for a bit more lift. I wonder if I could add these to the level I already have?

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Did you experience the brake dive prior to installing the winch on the front? I do admit it can have some brake dive, just not enough to concern me.

Did you run the 35" tires prior to installing the lift? Or did these changes come after installing the perches/tires?

I personally find the body roll a non factor. I've been waiting to receive my coilovers for a while now and have considered getting a spacer lift or perch collars in order to install bigger tires in the meantime. However I feel very happy with the stock badlands suspension.

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

RPG knows what they are doing for sure.

OP
OP

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you experience the brake dive prior to installing the winch on the front? I do admit it can have some brake dive, just not enough to concern me.

Did you run the 35" tires prior to installing the lift? Or did these changes come after installing the perches/tires?

I personally find the body roll a non factor. I've been waiting to receive my coilovers for a while now and have considered getting a spacer lift or perch collars in order to install bigger tires in the meantime. However I feel very happy with the stock badlands suspension.

I'm not sure if the winch made a difference regarding brake dive, as my Bronco came with the Warn winch already installed.

In your situation, just my .02, if you are capable of installing the perch springs I think it'd be worth doing, it isn't a bad stop gap till you can get your coilovers.

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how much height did you actually get out of the front and rear?

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone measure before and after? I don’t believe I’m getting the 2.25” height in the front. To me it looks like 1.75” in front??
Ford Bronco RPG perch collar spacers first impression F19B9C21-E870-4DFA-B839-5B904EDB29FD

Ford Bronco RPG perch collar spacers first impression FBC8D694-5AD7-4FE6-937D-E6F30C42D8BC
Sponsored