First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installing RPG perch collars or any collars can be a pretty tough job to do. Since you have to disassemble they entire strut on all four corners. It may not be a job most want to tackle. I did this video to show you how & what it takes to do this. There is a couple special tools that will be needed to accomplish this job but you could also rent them from a local parts store. I hope you guys find this video helpful.
Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well put together video! When you were taking out the front coilover, you were pushing down on that cv quite a bit. Any cause for concern doing it that way?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nicely done.

OP
OP
Wildtrak84

Wildtrak84

Wildtrak
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well put together video! When you were taking out the front coilover, you were pushing down on that cv quite a bit. Any cause for concern doing it that way?
No CV axle would not be affected as the axle nut was removed to not put any strain on the joints. Thanks for watching.

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I
Installing RPG perch collars or any collars can be a pretty tough job to do. Since you have to disassemble they entire strut on all four corners. It may not be a job most want to tackle. I did this video to show you how & what it takes to do this. There is a couple special tools that will be needed to accomplish this job but you could also rent them from a local parts store. I hope you guys find this video helpful.
Great video and thanks for doing. I’ve done several different vehicle coil removals and never had to take about the main axle CV joint. Is this absolutely necessary? Why?

This snapshot of a video looks like they just moved LCA assy outta the way like I’ve done so many times

6E971FC7-6D54-4401-BB95-98E44DC136B7.jpeg

Last edited:

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted to thank you for your install video. Was working on this yesterday and destroyed the same dead blow hammer you used trying to break the cv joint loose. Rather than continue pounding away I wised up and remembered I had a jaw puller that should work well for this. Would highly recommend anyone looking to follow this install video to use one of these instead. Was way too easy this way, and required a lot less effort on the puller than I thought it would.

Screenshot_20220422-072137_Chrome.jpg

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Icon’s instructions for their spacer kit say to disconnect the lower control arm from the frame instead of disconnecting the CV. Is there any advantage to one over the other?

Maybe increased clearance disconnecting the LCA when maneuvering a taller shock in and out of the bucket since they’re using top hat spacers? just wondering…

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you post some more photos of your Bronco with the lift and 35s?

Sponsored

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are you still liking these and have you off-roader with it yet? What offset are your wheels?

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This snapshot of a video looks like they just moved LCA assy outta the way like I’ve done so many times
Do you have the link to this video? I've seen it, but now I can't find it.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

thd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro SS 1/LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About how many hours does the perch collar kit take to install?
Sponsored