Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That was the crazy man line. Never doing that again!
Here were my notes on why I didn't get up:
1) Driver mod lol
2) better spotting
3) better tires
4) better line

The truck did take a lot of damage which I wrote separate posts for which is somewhere in this thread. For seam/ pinch weld mounted sliders, I am IMPRESSED!
This explains the bent shock bracket, let me know the next time you head up to the Sierras I wouldn't mind following along.
Sponsored

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for reporting back on this. I had seen that you had installed these sliders and hit the Rubicon and I was curious how they held up.

I put these sliders on my 4 door a couple of months ago. I did not doubt the strength as the tube is DOM and the mounts are boxed well. People like to give body mount sliders grief, but the location of the mounting points on the Bronco make it possible to make a very strong body mount slider like this. It is not nearly as reliant on the pinch seam as say, a Jeep JK. On my JK I had body mount sliders and ended up creasing the tub after dropping onto them from too many ledges and rocks (Really wasn't that bad, just bed lined that section and moved on). And sometimes, taking body damage is better than taking frame damage.

The sliders are strong. But I have some real annoyances with them given the price. For one, I found them to be more of a pain to install than they need to be. Almost all other body mount sliders, you can hang them on the pinch mounts and easily tighten everything up in a very short period of time. And easy to remove for the same reason. But since you can't hang these, it is a real pain to get everything lined up well. The blind nuts also get hung up on the pinch seam and dig into the finish. I get it--the design is the way it is because they wanted to box the mount--but it comes at the expense of being able to swap them out quickly, which is annoying on something that will get used and will need to be refinished or touched up constantly.

Two, they put drain holes at the corners of the boxed portions of the mounts, which is great. But the drain holes are way too small. One trip through fine gravel or sand or mud or leaves, and they are instantly clogged until you can blast them out with a pressure washer, or pick out what's clogging them.

Three, the finish coat on these is pretty nice, but on mine it didn't reach all the way under the top plate where it joins the top of the DOM tube. After only a month having these on, I could tell they were already rusting from that area. OK--it's a slider... they're going to get used and abused. But to me this design is not good at this price point for the finish. The top plate should be a separate piece that is bolted on top, so that when the two pieces are powder coated, they get fully coated from the start. Because the top plate is welded on, the powder coat does not reach all the way into that crevice on the underside. About the only way you could protect that area sufficiently, with it being welded, is to electroplate the things.

I think the first time I have to pull these to refinish them, I'm going to POR15 them and then topcoat them with the spray cans of Raptor Upol. Drill out the drain holes to be much larger. And maybe see if there is a way to just replace those blind nuts with bolts and regular nuts. Other than that, I do not doubt their strength at all.
Appreciate you sharing this review. I have been on the fence with these for months. They look great at first glance but the price and other options starting to make it to market have made me hold off.

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having run the Rubicon for many years, I know exactly where youā€™re at, you do realize that the trail continues past that obstacle to the passengers side? First rule of thumb, if in doubt, get out and walk your line and never trust a spotter especially if itā€™s someone you donā€™t know or that doesnā€™t know your vehicle šŸ˜œ

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This explains the bent shock bracket, let me know the next time you head up to the Sierras I wouldn't mind following along.
Count me In.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So many commenters but no one is asking the obvious question. Do you have a lift and 37s? If so what kind of tie rod/steering rack support do you have, because I'M GONNA NEED THAT ASAP.
Tires look like stock Goodyears to me.

Anyway, I imagine watching that video and getting hit by Mike Tyson in his prime feel similar. Pain!

Sponsored

Terrynsd

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So many commenters but no one is asking the obvious question. Do you have a lift and 37s? If so what kind of tie rod/steering rack support do you have, because I'M GONNA NEED THAT ASAP.
This was my exact thought, is that Broncoā€™s tie rods stock?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks fun, I am impressed you even tried that line. Was that air coming out of you passenger tire when you hit that rock. I am heading up Sunday to run the trail with a few other broncos.
Have fun! Great to meet you at Deer Valley. Im hoping to do a Rubicon run with the broncos next year after the snow melt. Stoked to see some pics!

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

(thought giving it some extra skinny pedal would compensate for the lack of grip from the tires)

What's going on Bronco peeps! Just wanted to share that the RTR rock sliders CAN take a beating. Btw, I'm not sponsored by them. These sliders cost an arm and a leg and I was worried that I was sold crap.

I was delightfully proven wrong.
I wasn't quite sure how these would hold up since they're pinch weld mounted and stuff.

Installation: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/āš”retro-modern-a51-badlands-build-kings-kc-te37āš”.26560/post-1512096

IMG_3557.JPG

Here they are getting exercised at the Soup Bowl on the Rubicon Trail.
*we didn't make it through due to our homie's steering arm on his Land Cruiser folded in half.

IMG_3626 Large.jpeg

After a good hour in the Soup Bowl, I called it quits and opted for a winch. It took two trucks to winch me up this obstacle. This is where my rear bumper and passenger rear shock mount got wrecked!

IMG_3627.JPG

I'll let the pics do the talking

IMG_3628.JPG
68836561625__269B4B0C-9A10-4ED8-B61F-FAC1E764B9AE.JPG
Hey, Iā€™m stoked to see you trying hard stuff in the bronco. Our local group just did Deer Valley yesterday (Gold Country Broncos on FB) great group of bronco owners with the occasional Jeep too. We love wheeling and trying out the Broncos in this area. Gonna be doing rubicon next year with the group. Good stuff and keep it up! Driver experience only gets better as you get out there and everywhere started brand new so ignore all those nay sayers in the comments.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

i see bead lock wheels in your future! ;)
No need for this guy, his tires are the weak link instead of the tie rods, they just go "poof" and loose 3/4 the air on a ABSURD impact!!! And then re-bead themselve with the proper 8 PSI for crawlingšŸ¤£šŸ˜†šŸ˜‚

Im truely surprized the tie rods, rack, and or CVs or the eager drivers thumbs did not SNAP.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ā€˜Merica

You do your LLPOH, Iā€™ll do my LLPOH.

We donā€™t have to understand the OPā€™s WTF why with his Bronco but we have to support his right to do WTF he wants to do with his Bronco.

Rock crawling or Mud bogging ainā€™t for me and my Bronco but I want you to enjoy your Bronco though I may shake my head and laugh at you posts regarding your exploits

Happy Trails

Last edited:
OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 911S / 2021 4door Badlands w/ Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stan-lee-did-it-work.gif

Very true, if you have a shop and desire, you can push things harder than the home gamer.

Having seen friends launch con-rods across floors, or burn up a set of tires in an evening, sometimes you just feel like pushing it!
That's kinda what happened. Part curiosity, part bravado kicking in from seeing the homies crawl their trucks through lol

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 911S / 2021 4door Badlands w/ Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Believe it or not, I'm still on the factory 35's. They were cool when they were fresh. In the video they have over 30,000 miles (religiously rotated and even flipped).

No tie rod or steering rack support. MY TRUCK STILL DRIVES STRAIGHT! lol

As for lifts go, the truck is rocking Kings with the height set pretty much out of the box.
Sponsored