Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 911S / 2021 4door Badlands w/ Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a senseless attempt. I don’t mind some carnage but not on stupidity like this🤷‍♂️
Wow. That was hard to watch.
Sounds like the driver's side light pods took a crunch, sliders took some rash, and apparently passenger side shock skid.
Which brand shock protection are you running? Pics of the carnage there?
No reason to even try that...let the buggy guys break their stuff there.
Be

seen a few people irresponsibly trash their Bronco. I just don’t get it😂
I promise that IF I ever get my Bronco I will only ever trash it responsibly. :sneaky:
Thank you fellow Bronco owners for your concern. I know it's hard to watch someone thrash our beloved vehicle that some of us waited years for. Not that I need provide an explanation, but I shall give one anyway...

I did it for the sake of science.

But no really fellas, I purposely bashed the truck on the rocks to expose weak points not talked about or discovered, test out concerns about pinch weld mounted sliders , and test the armor that others may are contemplating on buying. I also happen to have the luxury of owning a shop where we do light fab work to off-road trucks so I'm a little spoiled with welders, lifts, and nice tools. So repairing the truck isn't impossible for me.

I intend on using what I learned to possibly develop or co-develop reinforcement plates that will give people peace of mind when they're on the trails.

If anything, this trip is more of a business trip for me. Also no one wants their Yota homies making fun of them getting hung up on silly shock hangers😭

Ultimately my goal is to share what I learned so people don't make costly mistakes and make Broncos rule the trails🤘🏽
Sponsored

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(thought giving it some extra skinny pedal would compensate for the lack of grip from the tires)

What's going on Bronco peeps! Just wanted to share that the RTR rock sliders CAN take a beating. Btw, I'm not sponsored by them. These sliders cost an arm and a leg and I was worried that I was sold crap.

I was delightfully proven wrong.
I wasn't quite sure how these would hold up since they're pinch weld mounted and stuff.

Installation: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/⚡retro-modern-a51-badlands-build-kings-kc-te37⚡.26560/post-1512096

IMG_3557.JPG

Here they are getting exercised at the Soup Bowl on the Rubicon Trail.
*we didn't make it through due to our homie's steering arm on his Land Cruiser folded in half.

IMG_3626 Large.jpeg

After a good hour in the Soup Bowl, I called it quits and opted for a winch. It took two trucks to winch me up this obstacle. This is where my rear bumper and passenger rear shock mount got wrecked!

IMG_3627.JPG

I'll let the pics do the talking

IMG_3628.JPG
68836561625__269B4B0C-9A10-4ED8-B61F-FAC1E764B9AE.JPG
Now that was WILD!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco RTR Sliders Post-Rubicon Damage Report + Video of Bronco in Soup Bowl (did not make it up) stan-lee-did-it-work

Very true, if you have a shop and desire, you can push things harder than the home gamer.

Having seen friends launch con-rods across floors, or burn up a set of tires in an evening, sometimes you just feel like pushing it!

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So many commenters but no one is asking the obvious question. Do you have a lift and 37s? If so what kind of tie rod/steering rack support do you have, because I'M GONNA NEED THAT ASAP.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Impressive use of force carry on.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i see bead lock wheels in your future! ;)

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for reporting back on this. I had seen that you had installed these sliders and hit the Rubicon and I was curious how they held up.

I put these sliders on my 4 door a couple of months ago. I did not doubt the strength as the tube is DOM and the mounts are boxed well. People like to give body mount sliders grief, but the location of the mounting points on the Bronco make it possible to make a very strong body mount slider like this. It is not nearly as reliant on the pinch seam as say, a Jeep JK. On my JK I had body mount sliders and ended up creasing the tub after dropping onto them from too many ledges and rocks (Really wasn't that bad, just bed lined that section and moved on). And sometimes, taking body damage is better than taking frame damage.

The sliders are strong. But I have some real annoyances with them given the price. For one, I found them to be more of a pain to install than they need to be. Almost all other body mount sliders, you can hang them on the pinch mounts and easily tighten everything up in a very short period of time. And easy to remove for the same reason. But since you can't hang these, it is a real pain to get everything lined up well. The blind nuts also get hung up on the pinch seam and dig into the finish. I get it--the design is the way it is because they wanted to box the mount--but it comes at the expense of being able to swap them out quickly, which is annoying on something that will get used and will need to be refinished or touched up constantly.

Two, they put drain holes at the corners of the boxed portions of the mounts, which is great. But the drain holes are way too small. One trip through fine gravel or sand or mud or leaves, and they are instantly clogged until you can blast them out with a pressure washer, or pick out what's clogging them.

Three, the finish coat on these is pretty nice, but on mine it didn't reach all the way under the top plate where it joins the top of the DOM tube. After only a month having these on, I could tell they were already rusting from that area. OK--it's a slider... they're going to get used and abused. But to me this design is not good at this price point for the finish. The top plate should be a separate piece that is bolted on top, so that when the two pieces are powder coated, they get fully coated from the start. Because the top plate is welded on, the powder coat does not reach all the way into that crevice on the underside. About the only way you could protect that area sufficiently, with it being welded, is to electroplate the things.

I think the first time I have to pull these to refinish them, I'm going to POR15 them and then topcoat them with the spray cans of Raptor Upol. Drill out the drain holes to be much larger. And maybe see if there is a way to just replace those blind nuts with bolts and regular nuts. Other than that, I do not doubt their strength at all.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Damn man! You certainly went full send on that one. LOL. Aside from the scrapes and pod lights was there any other damage or broken parts? I doubt I would ever treat my bronco that harshley but more power to you!