First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now available, huh? I'll just pick up a set and install them on my cardboard, cutout, Bronco that I made earlier this week.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that stock non-SAS wheels are +55 and stock SAS wheels are +30
Why are RTR +30 listed as non-SAS? They should be a direct replacement if a person is looking for the stock look. The only difference is RTR is .5 inches wider, making the wheel .25 inches closer to the UCA but the tire will be the same.

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect
You're correct. The RTR guys like poke.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Found this image on the goggle machine. Damn these look so sweet..
eqw.2018-Ford-F-150-RTR-Muscle-Truck-3.png
Those are better then the black
But all the wheels these days are pretty much the same, just slight variations.
Not much excitement for the price.
IMO

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those are better then the black
But all the wheels these days are pretty much the same, just slight variations.
Not much excitement for the price.
IMO
Maybe Im just old.
But I like chrome polish, color, 2 tone
Machined, w black some depth and actually dish, everything now is flat, gray, black and boring! Positive offset wide axles, make wheel choices very limited also.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I suppose it's just a matter of time before we start seeing aftermarket wheels available for the Bronco with +55 offset.

I'm a huge fan of these Method 305 NV Matte Black Machined Face wheels, but presently they're only available with a -12, 0 or +18 offset.

1623447906826.png
From your mouth the aftermarket wheel Gods ears. I like the charcoal RTR, but I have another brand in mind that like a bit better. If the other brands don't come around "RTR" it will be. I just can't wrap my mind around the OBX factory wheels.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I imagine you’re gonna need at least 20mm less offset… so +30… which is what the Sas wheels are to accommodate the 315.

The +55mm offset base-BL wheels put the tires *very* close to the UCA… and it’s especially the case on the 285’s.

Here’s the details:

https://www.bronco6g.com/detailed-calculations-show-aftermarket-tire-size-fitments-on-bronco-trims/

The fact your chosen tires are 33”, same as BL, I’m not concerned about diameter… but I’m worried about with the tire width. Without less offset, pushing the wheels and tires further out, your going to interfere with the upper control arm.

…but you don’t want to push it too far out because then you introduce new interference points during steering, not to mention to mess up the steering and suspension geometry.

My rule for anyone thinking about getting creative at this point… either stick to the same setups Ford is selling from the factory, or wait until we get good intel from people who have actually tried things.

Ryan from 4WP has already shared stuff on this forum, for example:

0285EB36-6D00-47DC-923E-FD598BD3AC2C.jpeg
@ZackDanger

Thanks Zack, once again you helped me with a question that's been in my mind. But, I still need confirmation.

From a novice concerning offsets, does this say that an 18x9 +30 wheel would be the perfect replacement wheel (without buying new tires) for an OBX?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ZackDanger

Thanks Zack, once again you helped me with a question that's been in my mind. But, I still need confirmation.

From a novice concerning offsets, does this say that an 18x9 +30 wheel would be the perfect replacement wheel (without buying new tires) for an OBX?
From everything I’ve gleaned so far, that’ll be just fine. If you are keeping the same tires, that offset difference will just push your wheels 2.5cm further out from the vehicle….

But are we sure the stock OB wheel can be mounted to a 9” wide wheel? (I mean, I’m sure they can, stretching tires out on rims is a thing… but I doubt that’s what you’re going for, and not all tire shops will mount outside the manufacturer recommendation).

If you are going to ultimately decide to change the tire as well on that rim… as long as the tire is 315 or narrower, you should be good… and diameter… on the base suspension (that the OB has), my gut tells me up to a 33” will be driveable without issue… but you’re encroaching on where interference will start to be experienced during suspension travel (theres a reason why the BL with 33” tires has a lift).

All that is to say, there’s a reason why I’m not buying wheels and tires yet… I’m going to stay with OEM until we get expect reports back of what works, what doesn’t, and only works under specific parameters.

Did that make it more or less clear?

;)

Last edited:

aavilla

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that really -38 (and not +38)?

If so, I’d be concerned about scrub radius damaging suspension and steering components, and interference when steering (depending on the tires).
Yeah I purchased these wheels last year. Anticipating to put them on the Bronco. I guess I got a little too excited. Planning to put 33” or 35”.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I purchased these wheels last year. Anticipating to put them on the Bronco. I guess I got a little too excited. Planning to put 33” or 35”.
We’re talking only 7cm further out compared to the Sas wheels… depending on tire diameter who knows where, if at all, they will rub at the ends of the steering arc.

There will be increased suspension/steering equip wear… but it might now be that bad or a problem.

Guess we’ll all just be waiting for you to tell us what you find!

;)

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And still no confirmation on bolt pattern.....

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From everything I’ve gleaned so far, that’ll be just fine. If you are keeping the same tires, that offset difference will just push your wheels 2.5cm further out from the vehicle….

But are we sure the stock OB wheel can be mounted to a 9” wide wheel? (I mean, I’m sure they can, stretching tires out on rims is a thing… but I doubt that’s what you’re going for, and not all tire shops will mount outside the manufacturer recommendation).

If you are going to ultimately decide to change the tire as well on that rim… as long as the tire is 315 or narrower, you should be good… and diameter… on the base suspension (that the OB has), my gut tells me up to a 33” will be driveable without issue… but you’re encroaching on where interference will start to be experienced during suspension travel (theres a reason why the BL with 33” tires has a lift).

All that is to say, there’s a reason why I’m not buying wheels and tires yet… I’m going to stay with OEM until we get expect reports back of what works, what doesn’t, and only works under specific parameters.

Did that make it more or less clear?

;)
Makes sense Zack, thanks. I too was going to wait before making the final decision just to make sure. And, as far as I can find from other forums is the stock tire will fit at 9" rim. The difference is small enough that it doesn't mis-shape the tire bad enough to cause a problem.

Chio4

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB SAS,23 Navigator BL, 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Found this image on the goggle machine. Damn these look so sweet..
eqw.2018-Ford-F-150-RTR-Muscle-Truck-3.png
With Sasq package what size tire would go with the 20's? just thinking and dreaming...