Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is probably a unicorn, but my dreams of an RTT have been crushed due to the height.

The shortest rack I've been able to find is 4" and the thinnest RTT is 6.5"

No way adding 10.5" to my WT is going to fit in my garage.

I don't need a rack, I need an RTT that mounts to the roof like a rack.

Any such beast?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following

Been looking myself for 3 months now. Already adjusted my garage door for maximum clearance. Have enough room for a 2” lift and rack but not a tent. Have been looking at the nuthouse industries hickory (small ol trailer) May be going that route. Much as I hate having a trailer, this little guy could be loaded out pretty good for the trails and camping.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think so. Hope to be proven wrong. I think a rack and crossbars are it right now.
It would be neat, although very niche, to secure it via where a rack clamps to the mic

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t trust the rear shell to hold that much weight. At least with most roof racks a lot of weight is held by the windshield frame.

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go Fast Campers have the superlite. Production is temporarily halted until later 2023 but have been selling some stored stock during ‘drop’ events. They are easily removable. Still require a roof rack however. I snagged one.

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think so. Hope to be proven wrong. I think a rack and crossbars are it right now.
It would be neat, although very niche, to secure it via where a rack clamps to the mic

Exactly... I don't see why there isn't a rooftop tent that has a built-in frame... Then all I would need is the mounting attachments specific to the Bronco that although rack systems use.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn’t trust the rear shell to hold that much weight. At least with most roof racks a lot of weight is held by the windshield frame.
It wouldn't be just the back shell. The RTT would simply have kind of like an integrated rack so that instead of sitting on top of a rack, it's bottom floor is the rack and would stretch from the two mounting spots on the back shell to the front windshield just like all the aftermarket racks do.

Basically envision one of the aftermarket racks, but instead of cross bars being placed in between the rails, it would be the rooftop tent
Sponsored