Sponsored

Rubber Interior with Carpeted Seat Back??? Design Flaw?

Highlands140

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw my first Bronco in the wild yesterday. Better than I could have ever imagined. Owner was so gracious. Even dropped top and took me for a spin. Felt like I was transported back 20 years to high school and my ‘87 Eddies Bauer.

Seeing it in person was so helpful. Will change my order to a Black Diamond primarily for the rubber interior (dog + four kids). I can’t stand carpet in vehicles.

Had one issue with it though. Why in the world would Ford do carpet on the seat back of the second row??? Do you all think this was an oversight by Ford design? Ideas to address it aftermarket? I realize this is hyper critical but if you have ever tried to clean dog hair (yellow lab) out of these seat backs you’ll understand.
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree and this has been discussed here many times. I hope Ford will offer a hard rubber back seat protector. I had one on my Outback and it solved the problem. I hear you 💯 on this it is a poorly designed idea. I ordered a BD to be most durable and best setup for my Yellow Lab,so I will look to rectify this on day one of getting my Bronco.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MGV = Marine Grade Vinyl. Not rubber.
But yeah, big miss putting carpet on the back of the rear seats which has also been debated/criticized ad nauseam.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One of the very first things I noticed and pointed out way back when it was first shown. Got blasted for even brining it up.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even though it’s been discussed a bunch - it’s a good thing it keeps coming up. That will hopefully lead to a solution.

There will be couple of years with people seeing them for the first time that aren’t going to dig through every thread on these forums before posting.

This is honestly my sole pet peeve of our Black Diamond.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the bigger issue is that the seats don't fold flat which has also been discussed. You can always cover the seat back. Not much you can do if it sits 4-6" higher than the rear floor.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saw my first Bronco in the wild yesterday. Better than I could have ever imagined. Owner was so gracious. Even dropped top and took me for a spin. Felt like I was transported back 20 years to high school and my ‘87 Eddies Bauer.

Seeing it in person was so helpful. Will change my order to a Black Diamond primarily for the rubber interior (dog + four kids). I can’t stand carpet in vehicles.

Had one issue with it though. Why in the world would Ford do carpet on the seat back of the second row??? Do you all think this was an oversight by Ford design? Ideas to address it aftermarket? I realize this is hyper critical but if you have ever tried to clean dog hair (yellow lab) out of these seat backs you’ll understand.
I believe the underside of the seats are carpeted too. Huge miss for a “wash out” interior.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All of this nonsense could've been avoided if they would've asked me first. There were a few design elements that made it into the sport interior, including a seatback cover. This spawned my pet theory that one of the interior designers for Bronco was less than delicate advocating for certain things and found himself on the sport project.
Sponsored