North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, but, 60%-70% of tire rubber is synthetic.

The principal raw materials used by Goodyear are synthetic and natural rubber. Synthetic rubber accounts for approximately 60% of all rubber consumed by us on an annual basis. Our plants located in Beaumont and Houston, Texas supply a major portion of our global synthetic rubber requirements.
https://csimarket.com/stocks/suppliers_glance.php?code=GT#:~:text=The principal raw materials used,our global synthetic rubber requirements.

The impact on the rubber industry proved to be permanent. Today 70 percent of the rubber used in manufacturing processes is synthetic and a descendant of the general purpose synthetic GR-S (government rubber-styrene) produced by the United States in such great quantity during World War II.
https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/education/whatischemistry/landmarks/syntheticrubber.html

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

after what I paid for the last set of tires, I cringe at buying any for the Bronco anytime soon lol

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For sure this is a real thing. I buy natural rubber in my job and the price has increased almost 50% since last August. Tire compounders can substitute synthetic rubber for natural rubber up to a certain point. But certain types of tires (for example, truck tires) really require a higher percentage of natural rubber. It turns out that natural rubber is generally tougher than synthetic.

Bob

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Price increases, low availability, and increased freight charges for raw materials are being seen across all industries.
Glad we have our price secured as reservation holders. I wonder what MSRP of MY2_ will be when they show up at the showroom one day.