First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is making a relatively big deal about the rubberized flooring (anyone remember when ALL trucks had vinyl floors) ... the few clear pics available of it the flooring looks like it’s a molded/adhered flooring. BUT there are some aftermarket sources that sell a replacement (molded) rubber flooring to replace the carpet in the Wrangler/Gladiator (which is removable). So what does the hive brain think ford is going with? Adhered or a “mat”?

Also has anyone come across whether the drain plugs are in the front row only (ala Jeep) or is there a set in the second row as well? I swear I thought I saw somewhere that the Bronco was sporting them in both rows.

A further question - are the plugs only available with the “washout interior” aka rubberized flooring?

Things to ponder ...

JK
Sponsored

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been trying to get an answer to these questions as well. No one seems to know if the plugs are still there under the carpeted floor models.

OP
OP
rjkmoto

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been trying to get an answer to these questions as well. No one seems to know if the plugs are still there under the carpeted floor models.
It would seem to add an unnecessary complication to have two (four between the 2/4door) body styles bolted to the frame. My guess is they will be there but maybe not accessible with the carpet floor? (Jeep just gives you carpet plugs you pull out).

JK

OP
OP
rjkmoto

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well thanks to @BroAD Ford -kinda- answered this question .... I asked @BroAD to ask ford what on Twitter this question:

Q: Are the cabin drain plugs in all trims or just the “rubberized flooring/washout interior” and are the in both front/rear rows?

Their answer:
A: Active drain plugs are only available with the rubberized flooring. There are passive drain plugs in all 2- and 4-door Broncos.
Active to me would mean actual plugs you can open/plug and it seems those are only available in the washout (rubber floor) interior. The “passive” drain plugs I’m assuming are just weep holes in the low points of the body? ?‍♂

JK

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well thanks to @BroAD Ford -kinda- answered this question .... I asked @BroAD to ask ford what on Twitter this question:

Q: Are the cabin drain plugs in all trims or just the “rubberized flooring/washout interior” and are the in both front/rear rows?

Their answer:

Active to me would mean actual plugs you can open/plug and it seems those are only available in the washout (rubber floor) interior. The “passive” drain plugs I’m assuming are just weep holes in the low points of the body? ?‍♂

JK
We won’t know until we know, but I wonder if....

Passive like rubber grommeted holes in the floor you can remove the plug from to drain water or proactively if you expect to take water on.

Active are drains with one-way valves, that only allow water to go one way... so if you’re regularly taking on or driving through water, you don’t have to do any work opening and closing them.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe if Ford doesn't pull their heads out of their asses and realize many people want the rubberized flooring on all models, a company like Bedrug will make a full replacement carpet. You can wash them out just like you could with the rubberized flooring. I'd much rather have the rubberized flooring. But if there are options available I'll get over it.

OP
OP
rjkmoto

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We won’t know until we know, but I wonder if....

Passive like rubber grommeted holes in the floor you can remove the plug from to drain water or proactively if you expect to take water on.

Active are drains with one-way valves, that only allow water to go one way... so if you’re regularly taking on or driving through water, you don’t have to do any work opening and closing them.
But check valves usually need some kind of pressure to work and “rinse out” isn’t enough nor do they do well with debris ?‍♂

JK

OP
OP
rjkmoto

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe if Ford doesn't pull their heads out of their asses and realize many people want the rubberized flooring on all models, a company like Bedrug will make a full replacement carpet. You can wash them out just like you could with the rubberized flooring. I'd much rather have the rubberized flooring. But if there are options available I'll get over it.
There are companies that make entire replacement “carpets” that are intact rubber mats to replace the factory carpet in Jeeps .... I’m sure it’ll happen for the bronco. Some Jeep guys pull the carpet and just “rhino line” the floor, too. ?‍♂

JK

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m sure they realize it, but they are in the business of making money and want you to upgrade to get it. I was messing with the raptor build and price earlier and most items I thought would be stand alone required also adding a package costing $3500-$10,000

Sponsored

yankee hat with no brim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just got off the horn with Ford. They said the Rubber package with seats will be available on all models!!!

.I lie. What do you think this is Burger King. You can't have it your way!!!

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got off the horn with Ford. They said the Rubber package with seats will be available on all models!!! .... lie
Well, the superduty trucks you can almost order anyway you want/desire. I'm with the guy that think Ford needs to pull their head out of their ass on this one. No way in hell will any carpet stays in my bronco, whether factory or aftermarket it will get done.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also has anyone come across whether the drain plugs are in the front row only (ala Jeep)
Is it that way in the JL's ?? My JK has plugs in all floor wells, it would not make sense to have it any other way.

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Built wild to take you off the beaten path.
And when you get home you can enjoy attempting to clean all the sand, dirt, mud, gravel and dust from the carpet you never wanted. ?

OP
OP
rjkmoto

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is it that way in the JL's ?? My JK has plugs in all floor wells, it would not make sense to have it any other way.
Gladiator is only in front row (at least with carpet cutouts).

JK
Sponsored