Sponsored

Rudy's Diesel Baja Designs Light Bar kit?

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone have any experience with Rudy's Diesel? They have an interesting light bar kit that will run a Baja Designs 30" S8 LED light bar between the safari bar. I have an FE and the safari bar has grown on me, so I'd like to keep it. Plus, I'm not super interested in a roof mounted light bar.

Here's the link to the kit: https://rudysdiesel.com/i-30515808-...bar-kit-for-2021-bronco-w-modular-bumper.html
Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for posting! I have been waiting for Brackets for a S8 light bar, and have reached out to see if sold separately.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have any experience with Rudy's Diesel? They have an interesting light bar kit that will run a Baja Designs 30" S8 LED light bar between the safari bar. I have an FE and the safari bar has grown on me, so I'd like to keep it. Plus, I'm not super interested in a roof mounted light bar.

Here's the link to the kit: https://rudysdiesel.com/i-30515808-...bar-kit-for-2021-bronco-w-modular-bumper.html
Someone sent me this... only thing is, that bull bar is going to get scratched over time, as it's touching the bolts on the side of the S8. I liked the idea but it's squeezed in there so tight, it's going to scratch it

OP
OP
AlpineFisher

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for posting! I have been waiting for Brackets for a S8 light bar, and have reached out to see if sold separately.
Can you let me know if they offer the brackets only?

Sponsored

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you let me know if they offer the brackets only?
No deal. The rep I spoke with communicated that they are not selling the brackets separately at this time, but suggested checking back. He indicated that they develop brackets and a lot of the stuff internally, so maybe something will come out.

On a really positive note, he checked to see if they had extra brackets he could provide, but he didn't find any...

OP
OP
AlpineFisher

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No deal. The rep I spoke with communicated that they are not selling the brackets separately at this time, but suggested checking back. He indicated that they develop brackets and a lot of the stuff internally, so maybe something will come out.

On a really positive note, he checked to see if they had extra brackets he could provide, but he didn't find any...
Haha...no brackets to be found, huh? Sounds super promising. Looks like they're charging about $50 for the bracket in their pricing. Maybe I can a local shop to just bang some out for me.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haha...no brackets to be found, huh? Sounds super promising. Looks like they're charging about $50 for the bracket in their pricing. Maybe I can a local shop to just bang some out for me.
I am in the same position. I talked to a friend about fabricating brackets, but I have been waiting to see if somebody will introduce. BTW, I am currently using one of the bracket sets that Baja Designs supplies in an install kit. It works, but just doesnt look right...

OP
OP
AlpineFisher

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am in the same position. I talked to a friend about fabricating brackets, but I have been waiting to see if somebody will introduce. BTW, I am currently using one of the bracket sets that Baja Designs supplies in an install kit. It works, but just doesnt look right...
Do you have any pictures of your current setup?

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have any pictures of your current setup?
I would like to move the light bar to be on top of the bumper. If going the fabrication route, I could try and modify the existing brackets instead of starting from scratch.

D317DF99-AB9D-4817-B2DD-29D9AC410DF2.jpeg

5ECB111B-8160-47EA-B54F-F61ED0E65F3E.jpeg

ECE60965-A911-41B4-B241-A751361C583C.jpeg

6B97C07A-6F2A-4EAC-8A83-23A928089DC9.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
AlpineFisher

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would like to move the light bar to be on top of the bumper. If going the fabrication route, I could try and modify the existing brackets instead of starting from scratch.

Ford Bronco Rudy's Diesel Baja Designs Light Bar kit? 6B97C07A-6F2A-4EAC-8A83-23A928089DC9

Ford Bronco Rudy's Diesel Baja Designs Light Bar kit? 6B97C07A-6F2A-4EAC-8A83-23A928089DC9

Could you flip the brackets around and install it on the top now? I have the safari bar, so I'm a little constrained. Something so simple yet so hard! haha

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could you flip the brackets around and install it on the top now? I have the safari bar, so I'm a little constrained. Something so simple yet so hard! haha
I tried that approach, and it was sooooo close to working... The light bar is about 1/4" to deep and it would rub the painted piece that's part of the grill. I am worried about taking out a tree or a bush and causing damage to the lightbar. The consensus in my friend group is the baja design light bar could take out a tree and still work. LOL. Those things are tough.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe we'll design something to fit a 20" bar on the front like that. Should be easy and not that expensive. Once we get our 3D scanner in we can scan the bumper and design something.

OP
OP
AlpineFisher

AlpineFisher

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe we'll design something to fit a 20" bar on the front like that. Should be easy and not that expensive. Once we get our 3D scanner in we can scan the bumper and design something.
While I would love a 30" bar, if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit. A powerful 20" bar will probably work for the trail running I do.

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I jus

I just ordered from Rudy's and received everything in 2 days. I ordered the A-Pillar lights from Baja Designs through ebay and then called them for the rear Baja design lights that go on the Tire mount they even come with a wiring harness so they turn on in reverse.
Sponsored